• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Fox News reporter tries to snare Ossoff in some gotcha questions live on air. Didn't work out so well.

Fox News programming going to its usual playbook: "BLM were rioters and portrayed as peaceful protesters by media last summer. Capitol Hill rioters are getting a very different, much worse portrayal. Unfair!"

Fox News programming going to its usual playbook: "BLM were rioters and portrayed as peaceful protesters by media last summer. Capitol Hill rioters are getting a very different, much worse portrayal. Unfair!"

This is the Republican spin.

The insurrection deterred few Republicans. A few Republicans had a brief moment of introspection, but now they are circling the wagons.

At this point there is no doubt whatsoever that these people helped cause this insurrection, have no intention of stopping (it's too profitable, among other things), and that another assault on the Capitol (or something worse) is almost certain to happen at some point if this is allowed to continue unchecked. Yes we have freedom of the press, but as I've posted I think it's increasingly obvious that many of these groups don't qualify as the "press" in any traditional sense of the term. They're propaganda networks spreading blatant lies as the truth, which is very different. Vox has a good article about what has been happening.

Link: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22217822/us-capitol-attack-trump-right-wing-media-misinformation

It if Tom Fitton leaves social media who’s gonna see him post pics of himself?

"Twitter bans Trump but not the Supreme Leader Of Iran!!!"

Hosted by *generic_blonde845*, no less.

Fox is about to "ramp up" the disinformation campaign (as if it's not crazy already). Didn’t tucker successfully defend himself in court arguing he was an entertainer, not reporter, so he did not need to fact check. "I really believed that antifa started the terrorist insurrection. How was i to know i was wrong?"

All for an audience that couldn't tell the difference between news and opinion segments if their lives depended on it.

I've always found the supposed distinction between the Fox opinion talking heads primetime lineup and their supposedly more straight morning and afternoon news broadcasts to be specious at best. In the mornings there is Fox & Friends, and they have fired a number of anchors, like Shep Smith, who are too neutral in their reporting. As Fox faces more competition for the Trumpite audience, I would expect that their straight news reporting hours will continue to shrink, and the opinion segments will only continue to grow.

Back