• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

one wonders how testing one's DNA for ancestry links make a mockery of DNA testing

Yep.

What’s up with the Cherokee folks?

I don’t think Warren has anywhere claimed to “be” a member af any native tribe/nation. Just that she has some Native American ancestry.

Facebook friend just posted that she campaigned on being an Indian and "made a big deal out of it" to get elected. That apparently is the (false) narrative about Warren on the right. The disinformation campaign has gone far beyond working at Harvard, now they're imagining/claiming that being an "Indian" got her elected as a US Senator. Next thing you know there will be a meme that she got a fraudulent bank loan by being an "Indian" or whatever. Truth doesn't matter, all that matters is how much made up shit you can get the rubes to believe.

This guy is a highly educated person and should know better, but apparently is happy to regurgitate nonsense in a public forum.

She absolutely makes/has made a big deal about being native American, and she was making an attempt at using that as a political add for her run in 2020. Only way you can deny that is by total density and team politics.

Dude she let Harvard tout her as the first POC faculty member. She is 1/1000 Native American. If she had a R in front of her name this board would be tearing her apart.

She absolutely makes/has made a big deal about being native American, and she was making an attempt at using that as a political add for her run in 2020. Only way you can deny that is by total density and team politics.

Dude she let Harvard tout her as the first POC faculty member. She is 1/1000 Native American. If she had a R in front of her name this board would be tearing her apart.

She hasn’t made a big deal about it. Republicans have.

The fact you think a woman who started working at Harvard in the 90s was the first minority faculty member shows how badly Republicans duped you.

I see catamount skipped right over my post.

At least brasky is aware that his whataboutism, burn-it-all-down politics is hypocritical.

link?

This was a really dumb policitcal stunt, and she has made dumb claims about her heritage in the past. She is therefore approximately 1/1024ths as bad as Trump, and this should be talked about that same amount in comparison to tall the lies and bullshit things Trump says on a daily basis.

She hasn’t made a big deal about it. Republicans have.

The fact you think a woman who started working at Harvard in the 90s was the first minority faculty member shows how badly Republicans duped you.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/burn...rren-harvard-laws-first-woman-of-color-123526
"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."

I am sorry, she was making a big deal about her being the first women of color, not person of color. I apologize.

This was a really dumb policitcal stunt, and she has made dumb claims about her heritage in the past. She is therefore approximately 1/1024ths as bad as Trump, and this should be talked about that same amount in comparison to tall the lies and bullshit things Trump says on a daily basis.

All true Statements, but can she beat Trump in 2020? That is really all that matters, and I think Trump wins in 2020 if he is up against Warren. Dems need to focus on who can beat Trump.

Warren didn’t write that. Look again.

catamount, pro tip. When you get a link from Breitbart or Daily Caller, read the link to make sure it says what they claim it says.

I've been a registered voter in MA for all of Warren's campaigns. She's never made an issue of ancestry politically, that was something Scott Brown brought up in a debate.

Personally, I've known several people that have similar stories, that "somewhere up the family tree is some native American".

I've been a registered voter in MA for all of Warren's campaigns. She's never made an issue of ancestry politically, that was something Scott Brown brought up in a debate.

Personally, I've known several people that have similar stories, that "somewhere up the family tree is some native American".

This is essentially the whole true story.

Dems need to focus on the midterms. Prospective 2020 candidates need to let the blue wave settle in if it happens before jumping into the fray. It’s going to be a weird dance to see who jumps in and when.

There's a LOT of truth in the last sentence of this.

Yeah the first time I saw it surface was through Scott Brown. That's not to say that Warren has not let this issue linger around by continuing to substantively address the allegations but she hasn't been leading the "Warren is a Native American" train in the least.

I don't think Warren runs in 2020 - she's in a safely blue seat and is in a great spot in the Senate.

Elizabeth Warren can do more good by writing and enacting corporate and tax reform in a Democratic-controlled Senate than by running and perhaps losing to Trump in 2020. I like Warren, she's smart and she thinks the same way I do about the greatness of capitalism co-existing with the need to regulate it to correct market failures and prevent anti-democratic concentrations of economic power. I don't think she's presidential material and playing Trump's game with this DNA test was a really dumb move on her part.

Donald Trump has made a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar bigger deal out of this than she ever did. I doubt anybody would even know about her ancestry claims if he hadn't started calling her Pocahontas at campaign rallies.

Re: the Cherokee nation statement, I'll let them decide what is offensive and harmful to tribal identity but how is this "stunt" by Warren anymore harmful to Native Americans than the President of the US mockingly calling someone Pocahontas repeatedly at political rallies. She is one of the earliest examples of European mistreatment and really the destruction of Native American people and society.

Back