• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Nothing else to say that hasn’t already been said. No idea if he’s the first to do so but he’s the best evidence of a recent president who will stop at nothing to retain power. His ego won’t let him do anything else beyond claim he’s right and further his agenda regardless of what position helps him do so. The real problem is we have people (like Wrangor) who will support him despite all evidence showing he’s a con artist who is worried solely about himself.

Trump just repeatedly accused John Kerry of breaking the Logan Act by telling Iran not to deal with Trump. Trump must be the irony impaired person on the planet. He defended Jared trying to set up a private communications system in the Russian Embassy before the inauguration. Trump's campaign had over 100 contacts with the Russians and promised eliminating sanctions.

But those weren't violating the Logan Act. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggght......

Nothing else to say that hasn’t already been said. No idea if he’s the first to do so but he’s the best evidence of a recent president who will stop at nothing to retain power. His ego won’t let him do anything else beyond claim he’s right and further his agenda regardless of what position helps him do so. The real problem is we have people (like Wrangor) who will support him despite all evidence showing he’s a con artist who is worried solely about himself.

But you know, abortion. That thing that hasn't significantly changed in the last 3 and a half decades or so. Trump says it's bad, or something. Right?

It's always fun listening to conservatives complain about LibDems being the party of "identity politics", when the GOP has practically cornered the market on single-issue "pro-life" voters and white tribal nationalism.

Andrew Johnson used to say some pretty racist shite, and a handful of presidents probably used the n word back in the day. I think Nixon used the k word and would occasionally drunk dial folks at 2:00 a.m. to say some foul shite. But I don't recall any recent presidents openly joking about killing members of a certain race. You probably have to go back to Jackson for that. But he didn't joke about it - he just did it.

Trump has lived his entire life in NYC. Today, he told the national press corps that he "really likes the Red Sox". Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Andrew Johnson used to say some pretty racist shite, and a handful of presidents probably used the n word back in the day. I think Nixon used the k word and would occasionally drunk dial folks at 2:00 a.m. to say some foul shite. But I don't recall any recent presidents openly joking about killing members of a certain race. You probably have to go back to Jackson for that. But he didn't joke about it - he just did it.

When the Supreme Court basically agreed with the Cherokee that they should be allowed to stay on their lands and not be removed by the federal or state governments, Jackson supposedly said that "[Chief Justice] Marshall has made his ruling - now let him enforce it." He refused to back up the SC ruling, even though enforcing federal law and court rulings is a major part of the Chief Executive's job, and was thus grounds for impeachment. Nothing happened in Congress, of course, because most white Southerners agreed with Jackson and wanted the Native Americans gone, partly out of racism, and partly so they could take their lands for themselves. It's worth noting that Jackson is apparently one of Trump's favorite US Presidents, and he has a portrait of Jackson hanging in or near the Oval Office. He does, however, completely lack Jackson's raw guts, or military experience. He does have Jackson's bigotry, pettiness and vindictiveness, and racism down pat, though.

ETA: Jackson also introduced the Spoils System, which resulted in much of the political corruption of the mid-to-late 1800s. Not unlike Trump today.

Last edited:
"Once a year, every country club has a club championship for the best players. It lasts two or three days, and it’s a big thing if you win it. The best player I know of at this level won eight of these club championships — that’s the most I’ve ever heard of.

Trump’s going around telling people he has won 20. But that’s 100 percent a lie. I actually played with him once, and he told me how he does it: Whenever he opens a new golf course, because he owns 14 and operates another five, he plays the first club champion by himself and declares that the club championship and puts his name on the wall.

But it’s usually just him and Melania in the cart and nobody else. He just makes it up."

When the Supreme Court basically agreed with the Cherokee that they should be allowed to stay on their lands and not be removed by the federal or state governments, Jackson supposedly said that "[Chief Justice] Marshall has made his ruling - now let him enforce it." He refused to back up the SC ruling, even though enforcing federal law and court rulings is a major part of the Chief Executive's job, and was thus grounds for impeachment. Nothing happened in Congress, of course, because most white Southerners agreed with Jackson and wanted the Native Americans gone, partly out of racism, and partly so they could take their lands for themselves. It's worth noting that Jackson is apparently one of Trump's favorite US Presidents, and he has a portrait of Jackson hanging in or near the Oval Office. He does, however, completely lack Jackson's raw guts, or military experience. He does have Jackson's bigotry, pettiness and vindictiveness, and racism down pat, though.

ETA: Jackson also introduced the Spoils System, which resulted in much of the political corruption of the mid-to-late 1800s. Not unlike Trump today.

Yeah, there have been plenty of Trump/Jackson parallels that we've talked about here and that have been in the media. My favorite irony about Jackson was that his war with the national bank caused the 2nd worst depression in our history, yet we stuck him on the $20 bill. I loved the idea of replacing him with Harriett Tubman, but I guess that's not happening now. I'd settle for William Tecumsah Sherman as a compromise.

Yeah, there have been plenty of Trump/Jackson parallels that we've talked about here and that have been in the media. My favorite irony about Jackson was that his war with the national bank caused the 2nd worst depression in our history, yet we stuck him on the $20 bill. I loved the idea of replacing him with Harriett Tubman, but I guess that's not happening now. I'd settle for William Tecumsah Sherman as a compromise.

Yeah, Jackson hasn't stood up well to the light of history, and I doubt that Trump will either. Tubman should be on the $20 bill (you'd think the GOP would love a gun-toting Republican), but with the Trumpites running the party there's no chance of her or any other minority doing so. LOL at Sherman, it would be funny to see the GOP's reaction to that.

trump is such a fucking idiot it give me a headache that people voted for him and continue to support him.

making america ignorant since '16

Trump putting the Iranian Revolutionary Guard on terrorist list is rich. They were his financial partners in Azerbaijan in a $1Billion project.

Protecting the life of the mother is probably in reference to all the threats he’s made to mistresses to get abortions or else

Back