• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

As for lying about winning, he does that even when he wins. The man literally cannot stop lying. He didn't expect to win, and when he did, he still went with the lie that he had planned and said that the voting was rigged.

^All of this. Even if Trump loses by a wide margin, can anyone, either his supporters or critics, see him graciously giving a concession speech on election night or the day after? Can anyone see him ever giving a concession speech of any sort? He'll scream that he was "robbed" from the White House roof (and twitter, of course), and they may have to literally drag him out of the Oval Office. At any rate, I just hope that he does lose - giving him another term is like playing with fire.

Even when he's not President, we'll still be hearing about his BS morning tweets for the rest of his life. And he will be trying to manipulate the PR of his greatness until it ends.

Last edited:
What about the past two years or even his entire professional career leads anyone to think that Trump will leave office if he loses? I dread the chaos he is certain to unleash between the election and inauguration.

This. He would contest any loss. There is no chance he will be gracious. And he will attempt to start WW3 and will need to be dragged out of there in cuffs. This will not end well.

I don't give a shit about the concession speech, or lack thereof. Normally, it would be nice to see our system of government moving on respectfully and smoothly, but that's not going to happen. So one less speech is just fine with me.

I'm predicting that he'll leave if he gets a backroom deal to receive a pardon from the incoming president-which Biden, at least, just might give him-probably saying some shit about moving the country forward, yadda yadda.

I'm predicting that he'll leave if he gets a backroom deal to receive a pardon from the incoming president-which Biden, at least, just might give him-probably saying some shit about moving the country forward, yadda yadda.

just lie to him to get him the fuck out

The big problem here is that it is an empty promise. Joe will win the presidency in 2020, sure, maybe even overwhelmingly. But voters will get pissed that all his efforts to return to normalcy and accomplish anything at all will fail, the pubs will nominate some one just as bad or worse than Trump in 2024, Dems will be very unenthusiastic about voting for an ineffective 83 year old and won't show up...Crazy Pub-man will and nothing will actually get fixed. The premise that our political norms and institutions were eroded the day Trump took office is erroneous. Congress has been broken since at least the mid 90's... Mitch McConnell is an evil mother fucker... One presidential election can't undo decades of dysfunction, if Obama showed us anything, it's that. The country needs a strong fearless leader not a strong and fearless compromiser.

Please tell me what Pete or Elizabeth will accomplish with a Pub senate that Joe won't accomplish. You're kidding yourself if you think they're going to accomplish more than he is. Neither Elizabeth yelling at Mitch nor Joe jawboning Mitch will result in much legislation. No matter who the Dem president is, you'll largely see the same EOs, and as I've said before, I think there is a decent chance we get a federal criminal reform bill with the next administration. I just don't think you're going to see anything meaningful on health care or immigration anytime soon. And I get that you're frustrated with Joe saying something stupid about working with Pubs because you think he's setting himself to fail. Well, so is Warren when she says she's going to implement her policy proposals. The fact is we're going to see very little done on issues which require legislation, and unfortunately, health care requires legislation.

It would be a complete Dem failure not to win the Senate in this environment. Candidates can’t be talking about how they’ll handle a GOP Senate majority because they can’t work with Mitch and winning the Senate has to be part of their stump speech.

This. He would contest any loss. There is no chance he will be gracious. And he will attempt to start WW3 and will need to be dragged out of there in cuffs. This will not end well.

I don't care if doesn't give a concession speech, but I am a bit worried that he will not go quietly - as fortysome presidents have done before him. Even though many of us believe Bush v. Gore was wrongly decided (it was an issue of interpreting state law and cert should have been denied), Gore did the honorable thing and rode off into sunset (after inventing the internets). The trouble is Trump will have the reasonable fear that he's going to be criminally prosecuted after he leaves office, so how is he going to react to that next Nov-Jan? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sought asylum in some country like Russia, Israel or Saudi Arabia.

Valid concern. Very valid.

It would be a complete Dem failure not to win the Senate in this environment. Candidates can’t be talking about how they’ll handle a GOP Senate majority because they can’t work with Mitch and winning the Senate has to be part of their stump speech.

Okay, who can best guarantee winning the senate? Who is in the best position to have a coattail effect in CO, AZ, IA, NC and ME? Hell, Schumer has failed to get his preferred candidates in CO and IA. The only state where we have our preferred candidate thus far is AZ. And even if you get to 50/50 in the senate, Mitch still has the filibuster when he really wants to go to the mats.

Any legit Dem candidate needs to run on getting rid of the filibuster.

Please tell me what Pete or Elizabeth will accomplish with a Pub senate that Joe won't accomplish. You're kidding yourself if you think they're going to accomplish more than he is. Neither Elizabeth yelling at Mitch nor Joe jawboning Mitch will result in much legislation. No matter who the Dem president is, you'll largely see the same EOs, and as I've said before, I think there is a decent chance we get a federal criminal reform bill with the next administration. I just don't think you're going to see anything meaningful on health care or immigration anytime soon. And I get that you're frustrated with Joe saying something stupid about working with Pubs because you think he's setting himself to fail. Well, so is Warren when she says she's going to implement her policy proposals. The fact is we're going to see very little done on issues which require legislation, and unfortunately, health care requires legislation.

Luckily being President is more then just what legislation gets passed. The President has wide power to push their agenda through their departments and Cabinet members. Having someone in office for 4 years who actually challenges the country to think about more progressive ideals by just talking about them in public is sorely needed. Even Bernie running in 2016 pushed the discussion in this country to a better place.

Based on Joe's recent performances, I have little faith that he'll actually push anything than the 1990 Democratic status quo.

Any legit Dem candidate needs to run on getting rid of the filibuster.

You do realize that the filibuster has protected Dems about as much as it has the Pubs over the years, right? Be careful what you wish for. I'd also remind you that the house should in theory have a small pro Dem advantage built in, although gerrymandering has disproportionately helped Pubs after the last census to lessen that effect. But in the senate, the opposite is true. There are a few more red states than blue states. So the odds in the current climate (which I don't see changing all that soon) are that the Pubs will control the senate more often Dems will. Do you still want to get rid of the filibuster?

Luckily being President is more then just what legislation gets passed. The President has wide power to push their agenda through their departments and Cabinet members. Having someone in office for 4 years who actually challenges the country to think about more progressive ideals by just talking about them in public is sorely needed. Even Bernie running in 2016 pushed the discussion in this country to a better place.

Absolutely. Which is why we've seen Trump have such a horrible effect in many areas, like border detentions, environmental issues, trade, education, judicial appointments, foreign policy.... Presidents can do a ton through their departments and EOs. But they can't legislate. So take an issue like immigration. A new administration can clean up Trump's mess at the border and treat immigrants in a humane manner. But they can't pass a sweeping immigration bill to address the issues that have arisen since our last immigration bill 33 years ago. I repeat 33 years ago. And the 2 areas that I think it'll be almost impossible to get legislation on in the next administration are immigration and health care.

Back