• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Yes.

It would be refreshing for board Pubs like sailor, TinTin, catamount, DG3, juenbug, to just say that he’s racist outloud and stop denying or ignoring it.

Won’t happen, I know, but a boy can dream.

The lesson is, calling him a racist is worse than him being a racist. - JH or some conservative, probably

Trump’s supporters are the same people who thought Obama’s racial rhetoric was “divisive.”

Strange how Trumpites regard any criticism of them, especially by minorities, as divisive racial rhetoric, but tweets and comments from Trump and his followers isn't divisive or racist at all. If only those LibDems and minorities would just shut up and stop complaining about racism, the country would be united!

Strange how Trumpites regard any criticism of them, especially by minorities, as divisive racial rhetoric, but tweets and comments from Trump and his followers isn't divisive or racist at all. If only those LibDems and minorities would just shut up and stop complaining about racism, the country would be united!

Get ready for a lot of the same for the next 15 months. Trump is going to make the 2020 election about race and immigrants. His recent war with Cummings isn't just lashing out against a committee head. It's calculated, and we're going to see a lot more of it. I recall an interview with Steve Bannon from before he left the administration where he said that, when race issues are in the news, his side wins. I wondered about that for a while but then took notice of Trump's favorability ratings surrounding his Cville comments. The MSM has generally regarded his Cville comments as 1 of the lowest points of his presidency. However, his ratings mostly stayed the same in the weeks following those comments and actually went up about 1 (statistically insignificant) point in the 1-2 months after 8/12/17. Trump believes this strategy will help him in the midwest battleground states.

Get ready for a lot of the same for the next 15 months. Trump is going to make the 2020 election about race and immigrants. His recent war with Cummings isn't just lashing out against a committee head. It's calculated, and we're going to see a lot more of it. I recall an interview with Steve Bannon from before he left the administration where he said that, when race issues are in the news, his side wins. I wondered about that for a while but then took notice of Trump's favorability ratings surrounding his Cville comments. The MSM has generally regarded his Cville comments as 1 of the lowest points of his presidency. However, his ratings mostly stayed the same in the weeks following those comments and actually went up about 1 (statistically insignificant) point in the 1-2 months after 8/12/17. Trump believes this strategy will help him in the midwest battleground states.

No doubt this will be his strategy, he and several aides have all but said so, and it's clear that he thinks this is a winning strategy for him. Whether it will work remains to be seen. It certainly didn't work in last year's elections, when he tried to gin up fear about the "mob" of immigrants approaching the border. I think at best it's a wash - it will appeal to his base, but it may also turn college-educated suburbanites (especially women) against him, which is what happened last year, and led to the big Democratic gains in House races around the country. At any rate, it will be a terrible thing for the country to have to go through, whether it works or not.

I don't disagree that Trump thinks this stuff helps him, but it's also worth noting that almost every outburst is triggered by a segment on Fox News.

No doubt this will be his strategy, he and several aides have all but said so, and it's clear that he thinks this is a winning strategy for him. Whether it will work remains to be seen. It certainly didn't work in last year's elections, when he tried to gin up fear about the "mob" of immigrants approaching the border. I think at best it's a wash - it will appeal to his base, but it may also turn college-educated suburbanites (especially women) against him, which is what happened last year, and led to the big Democratic gains in House races around the country. At any rate, it will be a terrible thing for the country to have to go through, whether it works or not.

The issue that worked best for Dems in 2018 was health care. Trump said in the 2016 campaign that fixing health care was easy, and 2017 showed that in fact it was not, as the Pubs had both the presidency and both houses and couldn't do a thing and in fact had zero ideas on the subject other than let the insurance industry draft their bill. While health care is a big issue for 2020, it's also a messy one because Dems don't have a popular unified answer, and Pubs still have no answer. I tend to agree with you that running on race and immigration in 2020 is probably a net wash. On the 1 hand, it'll enthuse the base and be good fodder for Fox as they will decry all these liberals and the MSM calling his racist comments racist. On the other, it doesn't widen his base in the slightest. But it does make 2020 muddier and messier, and he thrives on that. I believe the issue for the Dems is whether they can find a nominee who can mollify the center and left and not scare independents.

Tweet for every occasion. Remember when Trump blamed the “African American president” for Baltimore

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d3e1f0ae4b0ef792e0e3328

Lol. Man, I tuned into Fox and friends while working out today and they were having a conservative wet dream field day defending trump over his Baltimore comments. Juan Williams cited multiple examples of trump’s racist acts over time and all the hosts could do was say “yea but he was actually talking about actual rats! And Bernie said something about Baltimore too!” No chance they, or Fox, address this, because....Fox.

How long till we get a Trump dramatic reenactment drawing of him sifting the the rubble circulating the net?

Good grief...that’s arguably not even his worst comment from today....

Before he launched his twitter attacks on the "squad", Cummings, Al Sharpton, and Baltimore, his approval rating average on Real Clear Politics had risen to one of its highest levels in a year - he was only between 6 and 7 points underwater, high for him. Since his tweetstorm broke last week, he's fallen back to 10 points underwater on the RCP average. So maybe all this isn't helping him as much as he thought. Not that he or anyone around him cares, of course, nor will most media outlets report it that way. Too much drama and ratings to be had.

An ad with the Statue of Liberty crying with all of Trump's racist acts would work well.

Back