• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

The one great thing about this trump presidency is that Dems should NEVER let republicans live him down. Ever. Literally nothing the Dems could do will outweigh what trump has done. So any time a future Pub complains about a Dem action, Dems will have a litany of examples to list off that trump did that they supported.

The permanent whatabout. $ick bro.

You still trust polls after 2016?

Yes, for instance 538 missed the popular vote totals by 1.5% (well within the margin of error). Most polling in 2016 fared very well overall, some state level polls struggled in spots but looking at aggregate models, even at the state level most polling performed well.

A poll yesterday showed that the breakdown of voting for Donald for black people is 89-5 against.

I guess that 5% have phones.

Republicans like to believe black people are easily manipulated and that their side is actively trying to court black voters even while spewing such ugly rhetoric.

The permanent whatabout. $ick bro.

I guess. I’m cool with never letting his supporters or enablers forget that they supported a total failure of a person and president until they apologize. Otherwise they’ve learned nothing.

Yes, for instance 538 missed the popular vote totals by 1.5% (well within the margin of error). Most polling in 2016 fared very well overall, some state level polls struggled in spots but looking at aggregate models, even at the state level most polling performed well.

How did your electoral college prediction fare in 2016?

NkxQA.png

That's what it should have been knowing the racist, rapist, pedophile carpetbagger the Republicans ran, but I guess that's the sort of guy they like.

Mine fared poorly but I don't get paid to do it. We already know that you don't understand polling, don't understand statistics, and don't understand what the conversation here is about. My map has nothing to do with polling. I didn't poll anyone, I made a map that took 5 minutes.

I guess. I’m cool with never letting his supporters or enablers forget that they supported a total failure of a person and president until they apologize. Otherwise they’ve learned nothing.

So the opposite of what happened after the Civil War.

So the opposite of what happened after the Civil War.

Yeah, the initial narrative of the Civil War certainly isn't a case of "the winners writing the history." Well into the 1960s the narrative of the Civil War was that it was a noble "brother's war" with lots of good folks on both sides (sound familiar?), it wasn't really about slavery at all but a bloodbath over the vagaries of states rights and federal power (slavery was clearly the main cause of the conflict), blacks played virtually no role in their own liberation (and were perfectly happy as slaves anyway), and Robert E. Lee, the icon of the Confederate cause, was opposed to slavery and secession (he really wasn't, and was ambivalent at best about both topics), didn't own slaves (actually he indirectly owned a great many via his father-in-law, and he refused to free them in spite of the expressed wishes of his FIL in his will), and he was just about the greatest Christian gentleman who ever lived. And this wasn't just the Southern view, Northern schoolkids learned the same thing in their high-school history textbooks for decades. I mention all this just to note that allowing former Confederates to write the narrative of the war, largely unchallenged, was a terrible mistake that still plagues us today.

And Trumpsters will wrote this history if we let them.

And Trumpsters will wrote this history if we let them.

Right. Hence, it’s not really a “whatabout” as whatamount wants it to be, its more akin to not letting republicans forget how objectively terrible, selfish, anti American, racist, divisive, and corrupt trump is/was. Unless of course, they somehow atone for this by apologizing for enabling him and encouraging his awful tendencies, but we know that won’t happen, which is why Dems should (in my option) always refute them when they inevitably criticize the next Dem president with a false equivalency.

*opinion.

Wtf is wrong with the edit feature, ugh.

Trump is having a rally in Cincinnati tonight? Wait until he hears about the poverty rate there, he's really going to lay into their rep, Steve Chabot!

Trump is having a rally in Cincinnati tonight? Wait until he hears about the poverty rate there, he's really going to lay into their rep, Steve Chabot!

Ohioans know everywhere in their state is an s-hole.

Back