• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

What is Corker going to do? Side with the Dems. GTFO.

Corker isn't quite as spineless as Dean Heller, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell, but probably not far off.

What is Corker going to do? Side with the Dems. GTFO.

He is going to retire, and some other more lunatic-y person is probably going to take his seat. Then he will live off a sweet senate pension and lobbying consulting fees while occasionally writing op-eds about how he doesn't like what the Republican party has become without acknowledging the role than he played in creating that new Republican party.

Oh he's definitely going to do that.

Many are still missing the point.

Does Corker's comments make it more or less likely that other Republicans will abandon Trump when forced to make a decision? I don't know what's going to force that decision...could be Mueller's findings, it could be escalating rhetoric with NK or it could be a 2020 primary challenger. I would argue Corker's comments make it more likely.

There is no way every Republican member of Congress or every rube will abandon Trump en masse (Hell we couldn't even get all Americans on board to support WW2 or condemn Hitler in the lead up to WW2). But you don't need unanimous support to enact change. You only need to move those on the margins.

In fact you need to flip exactly 4 Republicans on the Judiciary Committee to bring Articles of Impeachment, 25 Republican Members of the House to move a trial to the Senate and 19 Republican Senators to reach a two thirds majority to convict and remove. Is this likely given the current environment? Probably not. Impossible? Definitely not.

I'm not saying impeachment is likely with a GOP controlled Congress but you can bet Corker's comments are making other Republican Members (and voters) think twice about giving Trump unconditional support. Throw in another bombshell event (literally or figuratively) and the aforementioned whip count will grow smaller and smaller.

And if Democrats take control of the House and Senate in 2018, steps 1 and 2 above will happen. Step 3 is still challenging but it will be much easier than today.

Last edited:
putin's height listing is like the height listed on the Scout.com profiles for recruits

DLuX6H2VwAADKBx.jpg

Pence trying to win back favor after his (Trump-planned) publicity stunt face-planted is super embarrassing.

DLuX6H2VwAADKBx.jpg

Pence trying to win back favor after his (Trump-planned) publicity stunt face-planted is super embarrassing.

What have their done to restore the US to world leader status? They keep backing out of agreements.

Many are still missing the point.

Does Corker's comments make it more or less likely that other Republicans will abandon Trump when forced to make a decision? I don't know what's going to force that decision...could be Mueller's findings, it could be escalating rhetoric with NK or it could be a 2020 primary challenger. I would argue Corker's comments make it more likely.

There is no way every Republican member of Congress or every rube will abandon Trump en masse (Hell we couldn't even get all Americans on board to support WW2 or condemn Hitler in the lead up to WW2). But you don't need unanimous support to enact change. You only need to move those on the margins.

In fact you need to flip exactly 4 Republicans on the Judiciary Committee to bring Articles of Impeachment, 25 Republican Members of the House to move a trial to the Senate and 19 Republican Senators to reach a two thirds majority to convict and remove. Is this likely given the current environment? Probably not. Impossible? Definitely not.

I'm not saying impeachment is likely with a GOP controlled Congress but you can bet Corker's comments are making other Republican Members (and voters) think twice about giving Trump unconditional support. Throw in another bombshell event (literally or figuratively) and the aforementioned whip count will grow smaller and smaller.

And if Democrats take control of the House and Senate in 2018, steps 1 and 2 above will happen. Step 3 is still challenging but it will be much easier than today.

"without apology"

That's good rube bait.

To file under Bullshit Steve Bannon says.

Back