• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

So dumb. He gets along with them because they are playing him and he's too much of an idiot to see it.

So dumb. He gets along with them because they are playing him and he's too much of an idiot to see it.

So dumb yet he's playing Republicans. Shows just how dumb Republicans are.

There's an abundance of evidence that Trump privately holds his own base in contempt. He's been caught saying as much on several occasions. Like many such people, what Trump really wants is the respect and social acceptance of the people he attacks - he was positively giddy some time ago when the NY Times and CNN said some positive things about him. He no doubt sees his supporters as rubes and marks that he needs for votes and their sweet, sweet ego-boosting adoration, but he doesn't respect or particularly care for them. If some of them get covid at his rallies, it's all worth it to boost his ego.

Trump gives his supporters the respect that they deserve.

Boy that town hall with Stephanopolous was a disaster.

So “herd mentality” is going to save us all? WTF!!

Not one bit of empathy for folks that have died of covid. Hard to think of a bigger POS in my lifetime

Boy that town hall with Stephanopolous was a disaster.

So “herd mentality” is going to save us all? WTF!!

Not one bit of empathy for folks that have died of covid. Hard to think of a bigger POS in my lifetime

That's not true! He knew 6. I used to be 5, but now it's 6.

The "Things You Should Know" podcast did an episode in May, I think, and it was talking about Herd Immunity. They discussed why it was a decent, albeit cutthroat, option for a country like Sweden, but why it's a horrible idea for the US.

The long and short of it is that:

1. Herd immunity is a disaster with as much diversity as America has. (Sweden is largely homogeneous)

2. It's a bad idea in a country as populated and open to immigration as America is. (Sweden has 10 million people)

3. It's a strange choice that should be a last resort given the resources and technology America has. (To this and point #2, India has been an absolute disaster, but largely because they have no other option)

All in all, America should absolutely not adopt the herd immunity approach. If your party is in office, it was naturally going to try and pitch this as a silver lining, but to make it your default is a terrible idea. Of course, this goes along with the current Pub approach to climate change: Sounds hard, so no reason to even try.

Last edited:
I like that last night during the town hall Trump blamed Biden for not implementing a national mask mandate.

+ beyond the implications for letting people die, we don’t know enough about COVID antibodies and reinfection for herd immunity to be a practical solution. The research on population-wide antibody presence has found drastically different results in different parts of the world.

I feel like your peoples opinions of the candidates are pretty much set right now. What is going to decide the election is what party turns out the vote.

If the far left, zoomers, and millennials show up and vote Biden rolls easily, if they stay home it's four more years of Trump. Pretty much as simple as that.

Trump people are going to be hitting the polls hard.

I feel like your peoples opinions of the candidates are pretty much set right now. What is going to decide the election is what party turns out the vote.

If the far left, zoomers, and millennials show up and vote Biden rolls easily, if they stay home it's four more years of Trump. Pretty much as simple as that.

Trump people are going to be hitting the polls hard.

There is not going to be a situation where Biden rolls easily.

Even if Biden gets a lot more votes than Trump, Republicans will fight it every possible way whether it be militias at the polls, lawyers looking for every possible reason to throw out ballots, and legal challenges to the results. It's going to be a dogfight.

Back