• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

This is total BS...
Former President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he wanted to march to the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the day a violent mob of his supporters stormed the building, but that his Secret Service detail prevented him from joining them.

“Secret Service said I couldn’t go,” Trump told the Washington Post in a wide-ranging interview. “I would have gone there in a minute."

Trump also deflected blame for his silence during the attack, insisting that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi — who was taken to a secure location with other lawmakers as the mob breached the building — was responsible for ending the violence.

“I thought it was a shame, and I kept asking why isn’t she doing something about it? Why isn’t Nancy Pelosi doing something about it? And the mayor of D.C. also. The mayor of D.C. and Nancy Pelosi are in charge,” Trump said. “I hated seeing it. I hated seeing it. And I said, ‘It’s got to be taken care of,’ and I assumed they were taking care of it.”

Trump, 6:01 p.m., January 6, 2021: "great patriots," "remember this day forever!"

Trump, April 7, 2022: "I thought it was a shame... I hated seeing it. I hated seeing it."

Looks like this could become the online version of Trump Steaks and Trump University. I read a tweet recently that pointed out that one reason it might be failing is because everyone there likely agreed with each other politically so there was no one to troll, and that many conservative posters just want to troll liberals on message boards and rile them up. I remember reading lots of Facebook posters who left Facebook for Parler and MeWe after the 2020 election and eventually returned, saying it was boring because everyone agreed and there was nobody to stir up and argue with.

Right wingers have no policies except hate and greed. They have nothing to argue about except tactics. Meanwhile a bunch of left leaning people can argue about anything.

Right wingers have no policies except hate and greed. They have nothing to argue about except tactics. Meanwhile a bunch of left leaning people can argue about anything.

Yep. My parents and aunts and uncles all left-leaning and I remember long nights after dinner they would sit at the table and talk politics and history for hours while the kids played, and then as the kids grew up we would (try to) hang with them.

Yep. My parents and aunts and uncles all left-leaning and I remember long nights after dinner they would sit at the table and talk politics and history for hours while the kids played, and then as the kids grew up we would (try to) hang with them.

Were they passing around joints at the time?

It doesn't surprise me at all, but it's still amazing that Evangelical Christians have turned this man into their New Messiah, blindly worship and adore him to no end, and sincerely believe that he has been anointed by God to save them from pagan pedophile LibDems. What a time to be alive.

It doesn't surprise me at all, but it's still amazing that Evangelical Christians have turned this man into their New Messiah, blindly worship and adore him to no end, and sincerely believe that he has been anointed by God to save them from pagan pedophile LibDems. What a time to be alive.

Why is it amazing? It’s expected. White evangelicalism has long been rooted in hate and judgement. It’s not a coincidence that Christian schools in the south boomed when schools were integrated.

Why is it amazing? It’s expected. White evangelicalism has long been rooted in hate and judgement. It’s not a coincidence that Christian schools in the south boomed when schools were integrated.

Christianity has looooong been a way for claiming piousness for very shitty behavior.

Remember when the religious right dumped Carter for Reagan?

They still have an unbridled hate for Carter. Dude just keeps teaching Sunday school, loving his wife, and helping people who can help.

The overlap of people that are still holding all that hate for the Clinton's and those that want America to be back in the 50's again has to be nearly 100% right?

The overlap of people that are still holding all that hate for the Clinton's and those that want America to be back in the 50's again has to be nearly 100% right?

No doubt. I remember when Bill first got elected the hate from the GOP towards Democrats ratcheted up several notches from what had existed before, and marked the early stages of what we're seeing now. And my feeling has always been that their hate for Bill & Hillary had to do with him being the first Baby Boomer POTUS and she was the first Baby Boomer First Lady, with her own career separate from her hubby and not shy about saying so. Conservatives (including many Boomers themselves) just loathed the Clintons to no end - to conservatives the Clintons symbolized everything they hated about the 60s and all those social and cultural changes from the 50s.

Whenever people claim there hasn't been a massive party shift, I remind them that Bill Clinton was elected governor of Arkansas. Five times. All with over 55% of the vote.

Whenever people claim there hasn't been a massive party shift, I remind them that Bill Clinton was elected governor of Arkansas. Five times. All with over 55% of the vote.

From after the end of reconstruction until the presidential election of 1968, the states that had seceded from the Union plus some border states made up the "solid south." It was solidly democratic. That area was formally segregated by the multitude of "Jim Crow" laws. The party label has changed to "republican" but the way of thinking has not changed.

"The only people who matter are people who look like me, think like me and act like me."

Unfortunately, I read an article last week that said that Vance seems to be surging since the Trump endorsement and may now be the favorite to win the GOP nomination, and there are some recent polls that indicate that may indeed be happening. I think Mandel will be a lot easier to beat in the general election, so here's to hoping that Vance falls short.

"I think Mandel will be a lot easier to beat in the general election, so here's to hoping that Vance falls short."

Why?

Back