• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BuzzOuts vs. BuzzIns - Disco Dan Article

It's just a contrived way to take a shot at Welman. Dan can't get over the fact he's not in the know.

Let's not forget the last time he tried to do some real news reporting he had to pull down his post on Dino and what might have happened.

Someone not aware of the boards is probably thinking what is he talking about. If this was a piece to inform the non-board public, he might have spent a few sentences explaining the message boards.

Huh? First, he specifically referenced the message boards. What level of explanation were you looking for?

Second, if it's a shot at Wellman, why is it such a conversational one that ends in being content to wait, and gets there by labeling idea of firing Wellman as lunatic fringe thinking?

I take it you're no fan of Dan?

Wellman's unilateral decision to hire his friend has set our program, support levels, donations, etc., back beyond anything I could have imagined. ... This guy is a bad fit. Sure he and his staff, (mostly his staff) will bring in some decent recruits, and we will get better, but that is relative. ... But I have seen enough to know that he was a bad hire from day one, and will be a bad hire until Wellman has the fortitude to own up to the biggest mistake he has made as Athletic Director at Wake Forest.

+1 - But to clarify, we will improve only because Buzz set the bar so low that there was nowhere to go but up!

Huh? First, he specifically referenced the message boards. What level of explanation were you looking for?

Second, if it's a shot at Wellman, why is it such a conversational one that ends in being content to wait, and gets there by labeling idea of firing Wellman as lunatic fringe thinking?

I take it you're no fan of Dan?

I think Dan had his feelings hurt and can't get over it and it has shown in his writing.

Back