• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

bye bye obamacare

So the Republicans are voting on a healthcare bill that no one has seen and whose effects are unknown.

Ruling not needed.

Yes, he has absolutely no understanding of nuance or that many of these subjects have considerable grey areas. I think it comes from some sort of arrested development. Probably why he is also so prone to engage in hero worship to highly unhealthy levels.

Last edited:
bkf on 7/31/2015

Originally Posted by bobknightfan http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074761...publican-party

I haven't posted anything here in a couple of months, as I have mostly concluded that all the bickering is a waste of time. However, I ran across this article and just couldn't pass up posting it....because it does the best and most thorough job I have yet seen of explaining where we are today in this country and how we...and the Republican Party in particular....got to this sad state of affairs.

I really have nothing else to add to it....but I think it should be a must-read for anyone who is concerned about the future of government in this country, because it is a colossal mess right now and, as this article concludes, may well get even worse before it gets better.

Wait BKF was still batting for the Dems as of July 2015? That's a hell of a 180. I've drifted from ultra conservative to center right over the course of nearly 15 years. I've never heard of someone just pulling a 180 like that.

Wait BKF was still batting for the Dems as of July 2015? That's a hell of a 180. I've drifted from ultra conservative to center right over the course of nearly 15 years. I've never heard of someone just pulling a 180 like that.

He needs to be in padded room.

He was batting for Bernie a year ago.

Gotta give him credit for deleting his most egregious posts from the record. So much good material just poof

This is a totally meaningless vote as it will never come close to passing the Senate.

This is a totally meaningless vote as it will never come close to passing the Senate.

The best was the house rep from Oklahoma on NPR this morning saying "the senate will change a lot in this bill, after we pass it" and the host said "isn't it odd that you're saying this bill is very flawed, but you're going to pass it and the senate will fix it?" The congressman's response was "we have to get momentum going." I understand that to a degree, but I thought "real America" didn't like these sort of politics? The more I hear from representatives like that, the more I think "real America" doesn't understand politics at all. They just think it's a Twitter war or Facebook argument.

Last edited:
Nah. Republicans were just feeding their base reasons to hate Obama.

Board liberals gradually made me aware that my earlier positions were wrong.....and I have since recanted those positions.

ETA: Former Obama supporters were instrumental in the election of Donald Trump last November....and there are a lot more of us than many of you care to admit.

Along with:

1) Hilary
2) PC
3) BLM
4) HB2

As Obama would say. You evolved on the issues.

But they have to give other reasons.

Obama was out there begging for bipartisanship and republicans convinced their base that they were frozen out. B

I hope the Republicans run on this law.

Please run on emergency medical costs not being covered.

Please run on people people born with asthma or diabetes or congenital diseases being put into outrageously expensive high risk pools.

Please run on pregnancy and prenatal costs being add-ons.

Please run on pediatric services not being covered.

Please run on premiums on people over 50 (a huge number of 2016 GOP voters) having their premiums go up 30% or more.

Please run on outpatient care not being covered.

There is much more.

I hope the Republicans run on this law.

Please run on emergency medical costs not being covered.

Please run on people people born with asthma or diabetes or congenital diseases being put into outrageously expensive high risk pools.

Please run on pregnancy and prenatal costs being add-ons.

Please run on pediatric services not being covered.

Please run on premiums on people over 50 (a huge number of 2016 GOP voters) having their premiums go up 30% or more.

Please run on outpatient care not being covered.

There is much more.

It would be unprecedented for Democrats to lose a winnable election.

Yes, he has absolutely no understanding of nuance or that many of these subjects have considerable grey areas. I think it comes from some sort of arrested development. Probably why he is also so prone to engage in hero worship to highly unhealthy levels.

Does he believe anything that he believed 5 years ago, or even 2? I get changing ones mind on a few issues, and even switching parties if those issues are important enough, but ordinarily it isn't every core belief, and it usually has to do with reconsidering actual information on those issues, rather than disliking some people on the same side of those issues. And this is all on the politics section of a sports message board for a team that you abandoned decades ago, before the internet. That must be quite a life bkf leads. D

do you support the Congress exempting themselves from their own legislation

Back