• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZ is 1-17 ON THE ROAD IN CONFERENCE - 2-40 ON THE ROAD at CU/WFU

I wish DV7 would consider going to the coaches' luncheon Thursday.

I can't even believe that this is real. The conference road scores as well - it is like a made up Bad News Bears episode, just the basketball version. It's cartoon numbers.......

I bet no coach has ever in the history of the college game been hired after a 3 year 1-23 road conference record. Why does Wake insist on being different?

I can't even believe that this is real. The conference road scores as well - it is like a made up Bad News Bears episode, just the basketball version. It's cartoon numbers.......

I bet no coach has ever in the history of the college game been hired after a 3 year 1-23 road conference record. Why does Wake insist on being different?

That's why many of us on this board were against this hire from day one.

Hell my coaching experience has been limited to the Scarsdale rec league, where I had the pleasure of coaching third through eighth graders, though to be fair I did go undefeated 4 times in 10 years and only lost 7 games overall. I coached those kids up, I tell you.

So, the point is that I'm pretty sure I would be a better coach than bzzz. Moreover, I can stand in front of a microphone, smile, and not seem like a complete douche. Mostly a douche, sure, but not a complete douche. That alone would be an improvement.
Based on all that, and the fact that I've never gone 1-23 against the conference competition, I should have appeared on the search list for a new coach well before bzzz appeared. I'm surprised I wasn't contacted. Keeping my fingers crossed for next the next coach search though.

I really think that at least 20 fraternity guys that I went to school with would be a better coach and have a better winning percentage than Buzz right now. I'll bet we could comb the WFU intramural leagues at present and have a better option for coaching our team.

Can Kahill and Swain stop giving out the ties to callers on the Coach's show and start giving them to Buzz? Or maybe we could pre-record a question where the winning caller donates his tie to Buzz?

What are the overall non-conference records for our MBB head coaches? Or what's an easy reference in which to look that up? Seems like Bz would be right there at the bottom by far.

Fun fact: when we set up the 'distance shot' of us in this clip with WXII; I made sure the cameraman was standing in front of Ron Wellman (who was seated in the 2nd row directly across from us). That was not a happy looking man.

Win!

Hell my coaching experience has been limited to the Scarsdale rec league, where I had the pleasure of coaching third through eighth graders, though to be fair I did go undefeated 4 times in 10 years and only lost 7 games overall. I coached those kids up, I tell you.

So, the point is that I'm pretty sure I would be a better coach than bzzz. Moreover, I can stand in front of a microphone, smile, and not seem like a complete douche. Mostly a douche, sure, but not a complete douche. That alone would be an improvement.
Based on all that, and the fact that I've never gone 1-23 against the conference competition, I should have appeared on the search list for a new coach well before bzzz appeared. I'm surprised I wasn't contacted. Keeping my fingers crossed for next the next coach search though.

My 3-4th grade team is 2-0 (wins 28-12 & 36-16). Can I get that Wake Forest coaching job?

Wouldn't be so bad if his home record wasn't equally crappy.

That was actually my thought too. I don't care to look up his home conference record, but he can't have more than about ten league wins at home at WF and Colorado combined. That's probably actually a sadder stat. You're supposed to win at home.

Anyone know how Bzz teams are against the spread on the road in conference? Going to be in Vegas this weekend...

Not very good - other than Duke/UNC games I don't think they cover very often.
They did not cover vs Clemson.
Although this year they are 4-1 on the road ATS.

Back