• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz Radio Show: Caturday Talks Culture w/ Bz

Andy and Caturday, I want to personally say I have new respect for you guys... You truly ask awesome questions and it's good that you two got on the air. I was on the air last year and ask several tough questions and told him how i felt in regards to his lack of energy in regards to coaching... Thanks for the sending the link to whomever put that on this thread also. If he would just admit that he has NOT taken responsibility for our teams lack of effort and say that we hope to improve, that would be a start in the right direction for him as a person.. Also, it took awhile for the first person to get his point across but it was a good pt., we shouldn't be struggling with Iona and High Point!! :thumbsup: Good job again!! Mad props

I actually think that Bzz answered those attacks fairly well.

I liked how he said that the culture issue had nothing to do with the Deacs of the "distant past." I guess distant past means 6 years ago since Caturday mentioned Chris Paul and Justin Gray. by what he left unsaid, he's clearly nonplussed by the Dino era Deacs and the recruits from the first year.

I understand the fire with Coach and all that, but man sometimes this stuff gets uncomfortable. Not about to say the doubt/fervor isn't earned, but with Andy's call especially, I actually feel like Coach handled himself pretty well. I don't think he's a bad guy, and heck, I think he wants to do well, it just seems at this current time like he's in a little bit over his head. I hope he can turn it around not only because I'm sick of losing, but also because it'd be a heck of a story.

I'm pretty confident that Coach is gone if there's not a huge turnaround though. He seems to know that too, to his credit.

I understand the fire with Coach and all that, but man sometimes this stuff gets uncomfortable. Not about to say the doubt/fervor isn't earned, but with Andy's call especially, I actually feel like Coach handled himself pretty well. I don't think he's a bad guy, and heck, I think he wants to do well, it just seems at this current time like he's in a little bit over his head. I hope he can turn it around not only because I'm sick of losing, but also because it'd be a heck of a story.

I'm pretty confident that Coach is gone if there's not a huge turnaround though. He seems to know that too, to his credit.

Wow sometimes this stuff gets uncomfortable? That's seriously your reason to not agree with someone asking a coach some very reasonable questions... You are almost as milk toast as [Redacted].

I actually think that Bzz answered those attacks fairly well.

I liked how he said that the culture issue had nothing to do with the Deacs of the "distant past." I guess distant past means 6 years ago since Caturday mentioned Chris Paul and Justin Gray. by what he left unsaid, he's clearly nonplussed by the Dino era Deacs and the recruits from the first year.

I don't really think I attacked him. The format isn't conducive to a conversation so I had to cram everything into a couple sentences which may come across as antagonistic but wasn't my intent. I think his culture argument is inconsistent with the history of our major athletic programs. We had some great guys and some not so great guys long before Dino ever took the helm. Just as we've had some great students and some not so great ones (like me). My intent was to point out the bullshit of his culture argument and the ridiculousness of some of his excuses.

i mean, most of the questions asked were completely reasonable. i don't think anyone attacked [Redacted] or said anything out of line at all last night.

The heat on Bz needs to be twice as strong next week. We need to bring it. (assuming he even has the balls to face the fans again (and by fans, I mean non-plants)).

I would have loved to asked some follow up questions and engaged in some conversation/dialogue with [Redacted]. As much as I can't stand the guy I would have even thanked him for responding, however they muted me but kept me on the line as soon as they realized it was an unfriendly question....

Coach, I would like to get your take on something that seems really statistically weird.

Quickly:

3 years after you leave Colorado, they are in the top 20

3 years after you come to Wake, we go from #1 in the nation to 200+ in Kenpom. (and cant seem to crack the top 200).

Do you see a correlation? If not, why not?

Coach, I would like to get your take on something that seems really statistically weird.

Quickly:

3 years after you leave Colorado, they are in the top 20

3 years after you come to Wake, we go from #1 in the nation to 200+ in Kenpom. (and cant seem to crack the top 200).

Do you see a correlation? If not, why not?
This!!!!!!!

Oh my god - I'm just listening to this all now... this is gold. GOLD JERRY!

Caturday - nice work...

Wow sometimes this stuff gets uncomfortable? That's seriously your reason to not agree with someone asking a coach some very reasonable questions... You are almost as milk toast as [Redacted].

Never said anybody's in the wrong for doing it. Relax, man. I just finished saying I understand where it comes from. Just not my style. There's nothing wrong with it either way.

Reactions: TBR
Regular students don't have tutors, most regular students don't stay for summer sessions, lots of kids on financial aid work and quite frankly, on a whole, take more challenging classes.

To be fair, plenty of regular students have tutors, and the writing center services thousands of students a year. Any student has the opportunity to stay on for a summer session. Further, while we are specifically talking about basketball, not every student athlete is alike -- there are probably plenty of athletes that took courses more challenging than you and received better marks.

To be fair, plenty of regular students have tutors, and the writing center services thousands of students a year. Any student has the opportunity to stay on for a summer session. Further, while we are specifically talking about basketball, not every student athlete is alike -- there are probably plenty of athletes that took courses more challenging than you and received better marks.

I could rip this apart but I won't. Go Deacs.

Back