• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ HATERS SUCK IT

The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then. Good win for the guys. Too early to be talking shit, but enjoy the moment.

Pretty sure there was a thread like this after Iowa too....

ETA: This was a much better win than Iowa was though.

Last edited:
As many crappy teams as have beaten us unexpectedly over the years, I guess it's fitting that we are now the crappy team that gets the unexpected upset.

Go Deacs!

Yep. And let's be honest, [Redacted]'s 1-31 record on the road (or whatever it was) had us all shaking our heads. And it's not like he hasn't played teams like Nebraska before.

After tonight, I'm not worried about his road coaching at all.

Just a reminder that to get the 1-31 record you have to say "BCS" in front of it so you can discount all of his games at Air Force. Which of course makes no sense, especially considering he was brought in to rebuild a Colorado team in even worse shape than our program, but whatever.

This was a huge win, not just because it was on the road against a solid Nebraska team, but because Nebraska didn't even play badly. It was two teams playing pretty damn well, it was fun to watch, we did it with Travis having an off night, and Carson showed up. We boxed out, fought for rebounds we've been giving up, switched up defenses on them and made great rotations for big stops...

Just all around good stuff.

Just a reminder that to get the 1-31 record you have to say "BCS" in front of it so you can discount all of his games at Air Force. Which of course makes no sense, especially considering he was brought in to rebuild a Colorado team in even worse shape than our program, but whatever.

This was a huge win, not just because it was on the road against a solid Nebraska team, but because Nebraska didn't even play badly. It was two teams playing pretty damn well, it was fun to watch, we did it with Travis having an off night, and Carson showed up. We boxed out, fought for rebounds we've been giving up, switched up defenses on them and made great rotations for big stops...

Fine.

Overall conference road game record for Jeff [Redacted] since he returned from the NBA is...

8 wins
40 losses

Pleased?

I don't want to sound like I'm totally defending Bzz's record here because yes it's horrible, but most teams struggle on the road and bad teams especially struggle on the road. Bzz, through his choice jobs and his own team building, has had 4 really bad teams. It's not that shocking that his road record sucks. His overall records suck too, as many are quick to point out.

I don't want to sound like I'm totally defending Bzz's record here because yes it's horrible, but most teams struggle on the road and bad teams especially struggle on the road. Bzz, through his choice jobs and his own team building, has had 4 really bad teams. It's not that shocking that his road record sucks. His overall records suck too, as many are quick to point out.

Wait... I'm confused. I thought the Air Force teams were good.

In 2 years there, they went 7-9 on the road in the Mountain West.

Tonight was a positive, tho, no doubt about it. But let's not completely throw out the past yet. That's all I'm saying.

I had intended to let it go tonight until I saw the title of this thread. But let's keep it real. We played one of the worst teams in the Big 10. We got out rebounded again. (No surprise.) We lost the other "hustle" categories of steals, TOs, and blocks. Fortunately one of Dino's recruits was able to pull it out for us... The long slow journey to mediocrity continues.
Still BuzzOut till he's gone.

We actually out-rebounded them. The high scorers were Carson and Chase. The player of the game offensively was Chase. No doubt about that.

We also lost TO's for the first time this year, and were close on steals and blocks after (this is a guess but winning them in at least 5/6 games we have played)...what a ridiculous post.

I don't care if you dislike Coach [Redacted], but at least bring facts to the table when you try to debate things, otherwise it just looks pathetic.

ETA: Also, if by "one of Dino's recruits" you mean it was a split between the two, then yes, I agree...

When I look like the rational Buzz hater....

I don't know how to finish that sentence. I'll let my haters do it for me on this most glorious of days.

We also lost TO's for the first time this year, and were close on steals and blocks after (this is a guess but winning them in at least 5/6 games we have played)...what a ridiculous post.

I don't care if you dislike Coach [Redacted], but at least bring facts to the table when you try to debate things, otherwise it just looks pathetic.ETA: Also, if by "one of Dino's recruits" you mean it was a split between the two, then yes, I agree...

I given your most recent post I will de-escalate this discussion? :)

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2011-2012/wf113011.html

Last edited:
lol. What a dumb thread. When Bzzz gets people excited enough to show up to games and watch the Deacs on tv, then maybe you can make a thread like this.

Nice road win early in the season, but it was against a team that sucks about as much donkey dick as we do. Let's not lose perspective. There's no reason to jizz all over yourself for beating Nebraska. This isn't football.

Back