• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ HATERS SUCK IT

It should not make a difference either way. If a sane person watched the game we did not get out hustled.

I know you both and this back in forth is hilarious to me knowing your two personalities.

I DON'T WANT IT TO EVER STOP

I had intended to let it go tonight until I saw the title of this thread. But let's keep it real. We played one of the worst teams in the Big 10. We got out rebounded again. (No surprise.) We lost the other "hustle" categories of steals, TOs, and blocks. Fortunately one of Dino's recruits was able to pull it out for us... The long slow journey to mediocrity continues.
Still BuzzOut till he's gone.

We only had 10 turnovers on 60 possessions for an excellent rate of 16.7%. Three of those were ridiculous ones on Nikita, 2 unforced travels and one other one I can't recall but I know it was a boneheaded play. So turnovers were actually a positive for us.

Steals are predicated as much on the type of defense you play as to how much you hustle. We played a lot of zone tonight in an attempt to control the paint. You're not going to create nearly as many steals playing zone as you are in man.

Blocked shots are only marginally related to hustle as well. With the exception of Carson, our frontcourt players just aren't shotblockers. Carson shows a little ability to do it but has been cheated out of at least one block per game d/t very questionable foul calls.

And as someone else pointed out this was the first game we've outrebounded someone this year.

We only had 10 turnovers on 60 possessions for an excellent rate of 16.7%. Three of those were ridiculous ones on Nikita, 2 unforced travels and one other one I can't recall but I know it was a boneheaded play. So turnovers were actually a positive for us.

Steals are predicated as much on the type of defense you play as to how much you hustle. We played a lot of zone tonight in an attempt to control the paint. You're not going to create nearly as many steals playing zone as you are in man.

Blocked shots are only marginally related to hustle as well. With the exception of Carson, our frontcourt players just aren't shotblockers. Carson shows a little ability to do it but has been cheated out of at least one block per game d/t very questionable foul calls.

And as someone else pointed out this was the first game we've outrebounded someone this year.

Again, the stats on the Wake website say different...
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2011-2012/wf113011.html

Just so people know, we had two BCS road wins from three seasons between 05-08 (@ Miami, @ FSU). Even when we were really good, we lost to unranked BCS teams on the road. For fuck's sake, we aren't a good team, but any road win with this group is a good win. I have no idea how this Nebraska team compares to last year, but they did have home wins over #24 Missouri, #2 Texas, and #11 Team A&M while going 18-5 last year on their home floor. If it really upsets you that people are trying to find optimism after last season, fuck off.

I'm sure the Wake count is right, I don't think ESPN counts dead ball rebounds until later and then updates. Either way we were close on boards and got them when it mattered. Carson played like a man and the last play was a great call.

Everyone can fuck off cuz we won, let's drop the arguments for the night and celebrate.

I'm sure the Wake count is right, I don't think ESPN counts dead ball rebounds until later and then updates. Either way we were close on boards and got them when it mattered. Carson played like a man and the last play was a great call.

Everyone can fuck off cuz we won, let's drop the arguments for the night and celebrate.

No...but seriously. When we agree the game is over.

You very well could be right, but ESPN has it 29-28...just different sources.

The difference is the team rebound stat where a missed shot goes out of bounds before anyone gets possession. Those aren't credited to a player but to the team and are added in to official team totals. Nebraska had 5, Wake had 1. ESPN just has individual stats added up. That's the discrepancy.

I don't think there's any disputing that. But fuck it, we won tonight, so let's just take it from there.

I agree with this. If nothing else, we're on this bus for two more years, might as well enjoy the ride. If you're #Buzzout and are convinced that Wake will fail, then it stands to reason that their will be plenty of losses to "I told ya so" over, so sit back and be patient for your chance.

We should all be able to enjoy the wins.

Nice road win and great game from Desrosiers and Fischer.

I was worried when we called TO with 16 seconds, coaches gathered, and we broke THAT coaching huddle with Battle clearly saying "no he is not" and shaking his head at whatever Buzz just said to Rusty and Corbean.

That made me laugh.

"Originally Posted by TexasDeac10
Yep. And let's be honest, [Redacted]'s 1-31 record on the road (or whatever it was) had us all shaking our heads. And it's not like he hasn't played teams like Nebraska before.

After tonight, I'm not worried about his road coaching at all. "

Quote is above, not sure why it didn't pop up.

Last edited:
No way were we out-hustled last night. Rebound margin was close, and if anything, we lost rebounds because Carson got out-muscled by Diaz and Ubert.

If you watched the game, there is no way that you could honestly say that we got out-hustled. Great effort from the guys tonight.

Also, I haven't seen Buzz driving a Prius - lately, at least, he's driving a black Mercedes.

Back