• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
So I know I'll get ripped for this, but it made my Wake basketball weenie go so crazy I felt compelled to share it. So, an attorney in our office told me today that his aunt is an alumni of Wake and a fairly large donor. Yesterday she was attending a fundraising function and she and other DC members were informed that, short of BZZ forcing their hand by winning the whole ACC tourney, he is already out of the door. Furthermore, it was a decision made by the board without Wellman’s consent. He has been apparently told that it is in his best interest to tread lightly or he could be in danger.

No I don’t know where the function was and I have never met his aunt. Yes it is fair to file this in the “rumors and bullshit” file. Don’t care. I trust the guy, and I am choosing to operate this evening as if said rumor is true. I will drink cheap wine and root for the Deacs, and if we lose I will have something to chear about as well.

FJFIJIVIREWEOKCDFFHJFJFJFJEWOE!!!!!!!!

Please be true.

Last edited:
This is the thread we've all been waiting for... the glimmer of hope.

I look forward to many many rumors from both sides of the aisle in the coming days.

Happy happy joy joy. So if true, and wellman was 'forced' or what not to get rid of Bzz, does anyone think he'll pull a Ron Wellman and hire some dickhead just to piss us off? I don't trust RW at all to make any decisions regarding our basketball program.

Let's say I believe you, maybe because I'm clinically insane, when could we expect to hear something that isn't an internet message board rumor?

Not saying it's not true (the news or the story), but why couldn't it have been posted by someone with more than 19 posts!?

So I know I'll get ripped for this, but it made my Wake basketball weenie go so crazy I felt compelled to share it. So, an attorney in our office told me today that his aunt is an alumni of Wake and a fairly large donor. Yesterday she was attending a fundraising function and she and other DC members were informed that, short of BZZ forcing their hand by winning the whole ACC tourney, he is already out of the door. Furthermore, it was a decision made by the board without Wellman’s consent. He has been apparently told that it is in his best interest to tread lightly or he could be in danger.

No I don’t know where the function was and I have never met his aunt. Yes it is fair to file this in the “rumors and bullshit” file. Don’t care. I trust the guy, and I am choosing to operate this evening as if said rumor is true. I will drink cheap wine and root for the Deacs, and if we lose I will have something to chear about as well.

Just to jump in here, I was told 2 or 3 days ago that IF a change was made, this is how it would go down. Please let this be true.

Nothing could make me happier right now than Hatch and the BOT firing [Redacted] tomorrow morning while Wellman is in Indy.

I can't wait to see this guy's rep when either Bz is fired or he is extended at the end of the year. Rangersboy has no middle ground. He is either going double deacon head or he is going to kEEPERlaND. I also like that Ranger joined about 6 months ago, so if he is a complete troll he is a patient one.

Back