• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

I_Want_To_Believe_01.jpg

Screw me. I have a perma-grin on my face from reading this thread just thinking about what it would be like to have [Redacted] out and Wellman on the hot seat.

long time lurker...it gives me a perma-grin thinking about Ph having a perma-grin with anything WFU athletics related! bzzzOUT!

If true, and the BoT basically neuters Wellman, I expect him to consider resigning shortly after.

If true, and the BoT basically neuters Wellman, I expect him to consider resigning shortly after.

Good point. Wellman not going to like this at all. Maybe they are ok with that. Hire a new AD to hire us a new coach?

I had a well known poster contact me 2 weeks ago with essentially the same rumor. We ended up sitting on it because we couldn't get confirmation from a second source. Either we know the same person or this could possibly have legs .

Sweet Baby Budweiser this would be beyond fucking awesome.

Fuck Wellman. Fuck Bzz. Fuck them in their awful fucking unwiped asses until the stench of their prolapsed anuses reaches from Winston-Harlem to Pyongyang.

#BUZZOUT #WELLMANOUT

Last edited:
If they fire [Redacted] this weekend, Wellman is holding on to his job by a thread. He's basically gone if they cut him off at the knees like this.

The best part of this is if they are acting this dramatically they are likely to have a big pile of money in place for the next guy.

Good point. Wellman not going to like this at all. Maybe they are ok with that. Hire a new AD to hire us a new coach?

In that event we will have to hire a basketball coach before an AD. It takes 2-3 months to a hire an AD, at least if you don't get internal. Might just hire someone on an interim basis, I don't know.

If this is true, is there any reason why it would not be announced following our next loss?

Time for board to take over. The thing the pissed me off the most was the way Wellman seemed to operate as a dictator without having to answer to the University or fans or anyone really. Going to war with half of your already small fan base is ludicrous for an AD.

This x10000

So I know I'll get ripped for this, but it made my Wake basketball weenie go so crazy I felt compelled to share it. So, an attorney in our office told me today that his aunt is an alumni of Wake and a fairly large donor. Yesterday she was attending a fundraising function and she and other DC members were informed that, short of BZZ forcing their hand by winning the whole ACC tourney, he is already out of the door. Furthermore, it was a decision made by the board without Wellman’s consent. He has been apparently told that it is in his best interest to tread lightly or he could be in danger.

No I don’t know where the function was and I have never met his aunt. Yes it is fair to file this in the “rumors and bullshit” file. Don’t care. I trust the guy, and I am choosing to operate this evening as if said rumor is true. I will drink cheap wine and root for the Deacs, and if we lose I will have something to chear about as well.

My BOT contact has been telling me this since last year. If Wellman didn't fire bzzzz, he was gone too.

I had a well known poster contact me 2 weeks ago with essentially the same rumor. We ended up sitting on it because we couldn't get confirmation from a second source. Either we know the same person or this could possibly have legs .

tumblr_mdgzbsX1Ov1rpot5r.gif

In that event we will have to hire a basketball coach before an AD. It takes 2-3 months to a hire an AD, at least if you don't get internal. Might just hire someone on an interim basis, I don't know.

Yeah. This would need to be the case if they were going over Wellman's head and Wellman resigns. You all know these AD folks a lot better than I do, but I'd greatly prefer to do a legit search and hire somebody from outside the university. I don't want one of Wellman's minions who was part of this debacle taking over just so the high rollers can feel their place is safe.

Back