• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ Out Rumor

Why the MN AD? Their FB team has been bad for years. The bball team has been mediocre for the past decade.

What's so great about him?

Can't we find someone who actually had winning teams?

Let Shaka pick the AD. :)

Give him $4,000,000 and tell him to get Shaka and a staff and he can keep the rest.

Everyone involved with Wake basketball deserves a clean break from the Bz-debacle

No decent coach will sign on if they have to keep the assistants.

I've never bought into the idea that Rusty and Battle are totally blameless for the state of the program.

This is big boy time. They'll be fine. New coach brings who he wants.

Why the MN AD? Their FB team has been bad for years. The bball team has been mediocre for the past decade.

What's so great about him?

Can't we find someone who actually had winning teams?

Let Shaka pick the AD. :)

Teague is new to MiN. He is the AD that hired Shaka at VCU. The thinking is that if Shaka were going to pick an AD, he'd pick Teague.

Battle will get either a top assistant job or maybe a low-mid head slot.

Rusty will likely have more problems.

Battle will get either a top assistant job or maybe a low-mid head slot.

Rusty will likely have more problems.

Comes with the business of coaching. I'm not in favor of hiring a coach and forcing him to maintain the staff.

Teague is a visionary AD. He created Villa 7, the definitive conference bringing ADs and assistant coaches together.

I was pimping Teague last year to replace Wellman. It would have been realistic to have gotten him last year from VCU, but I don't see him leaving Minnesota after just 1 year - wouldn't look right. Unless it were for a lot of $$ and he had a hand picked big name coach willing to join him.

Plus, I just don't see Hatch and the BOT firing Ron along with Buzzdick. More believable that they would just lean hard on Ron to fire Buzzdick and tell Ron that his next proposed hire had to be run by a small contingent of BOT and DC folks 1st.

And I still don't have faith that Ron has the ability to make a competent hire if he does fire Buzzdick. I can't see him getting a big name under any circumstances, and he compromised his own position with the way he fired Dino and followed that up with the worst hire in college basketball history.

Shaka and Teague are very close. This was initially one of the reasons people thought Shaka would never leave VCU.

Funny how we would actually want Teague to hire his buddy.

The bot has to understand they can contact a coach or leak their desire for a particular coach while his team is still playing. Illinois did this last year in the tourney w regards to Shaka and he was more than pissed

Shaka and Teague are very close. This was initially one of the reasons people thought Shaka would never leave VCU.

Funny how we would actually want Teague to hire his buddy.

That is funny. If Ron had better friends we wouldn't care if he hired one of them.

I was pimping Teague last year to replace Wellman. It would have been realistic to have gotten him last year from VCU, but I don't see him leaving Minnesota after just 1 year - wouldn't look right. Unless it were for a lot of $$ and he had a hand picked big name coach willing to join him.

Plus, I just don't see Hatch and the BOT firing Ron along with Buzzdick. More believable that they would just lean hard on Ron to fire Buzzdick and tell Ron that his next proposed hire had to be run by a small contingent of BOT and DC folks 1st.

And I still don't have faith that Ron has the ability to make a competent hire if he does fire Buzzdick. I can't see him getting a big name under any circumstances, and he compromised his own position with the way he fired Dino and followed that up with the worst hire in college basketball history.

We're definitely not taking an AD from the Big 10. My suggestion would be to steal Jim Sterk from San Diego State, or Joel Nielson from Kent State. Both of those programs have succeeded in Football, Basketball and multiple other sports without NCAA violations or big time recruiting, and both have finished near us in the Directors Cup for the past few years, despite being in weak conferences. I really don't like the idea of an AD who doesn't have experience with a successful football program.

Back