• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

C9++ Mafia Thread: Mafia wins, Da, Jhawk, Mako

I coached my kid in 1 season of flag football. Realized I have no desire to coach kids after that.

You are likely not too far from the mecca of youth baseball. You have a son that plays, right? East Cobb is the king of youth baseball

You are likely not too far from the mecca of youth baseball. You have a son that plays, right? East Cobb is the king of youth baseball

Hes practicing with a a year older travel team here in Dawsonville right now til we move back. They are starting tournaments back down here, fighting be a fun distraction. Also have no desire to coach baseball, kids are frustrating and parents are the absolute worst, me included.

My oldest, who was somehow really, really good (no one related to him taught him a thing) loved baseball and basketball. Baseball was his favorite. At age 8, the coach approached me about soccer being prioritized over all other sports. I said he's 8, gtfo. At 9, they came to me with a contract that they wanted him and me to sign. I told the guy to fuck off. Half the team was in a similar situation. We found a coach and went to the soccer commish and asked for permission to just do a team with multi sports athletes that plays in the fall. Got the heismann. Dropped my kid down a level. He got bored and was playing football at 11.
That genuinely makes me sad.

At that age its just about developing sport skills, teamwork, and just having fun.

Hes practicing with a a year older travel team here in Dawsonville right now til we move back. They are starting tournaments back down here, fighting be a fun distraction. Also have no desire to coach baseball, kids are frustrating and parents are the absolute worst, me included.
If I may...

NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOU.

Let your fucking kid be. And let her/his coach teach them.

Thank you.

numbers never got the respect in this game that he deserved. dude was solid.

i will continue to yell about how bad doofus is at it from the top of every mountain

numbers used to get all of the respect

doofus was like all of gooner's ambition/strategy (in terms of making batshit crazy plays) but with zero of the execution

Also I don't know what the hell you are talking about, I am on the record for nearly a decade as being anti-batshit and/or crazy plays. Death to poetry.

Also I don't know what the hell you are talking about, I am on the record for nearly a decade as being anti-batshit and/or crazy plays. Death to poetry.

Wife finally fell asleep, huh?

Soccer wasn't an option where I was growing up. It is now. I had 3 kids playing travel soccer, one was the star of a very good team, they others quit before they were 9. All quit because their coach wanted a year round commitment and they liked other sports better. I have an irrational dislike of the sport as a result.

Specializing in sports before you are like a junior or senior in high school is really dumb. Most well-regarded studies suggest that playing multiple sports makes you better at all of them when you're younger because you learn multiple skills. Also it fucks your body up way less.

I admit I am pleasantly surprised with the banter level.

And ryala isn't here. What a surprise

*whispers* ryala actually sucks at banter *whispers*

And one substantive post: not a huge fan of gouda's contributions to the thread, both mafia- and banter-related

Specializing in sports before you are like a junior or senior in high school is really dumb. Most well-regarded studies suggest that playing multiple sports makes you better at all of them when you're younger because you learn multiple skills. Also it fucks your body up way less.

agree but those studies weren't around in 2005 unfortunately

Back