• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Caitlyn Jenner is here boys....

Alright...... elc, that may be a going a tad bit over the line

He was going under the posted speed limit. Manslaughter there seems a bit unjust.

You can drive recklessly regardless of speed. I don't know the full circumstances, but if he was texting or otherwise just not paying attention then the charge seems legit. I mean if visibility was good and Jenner ran into stopped traffic at a decent clip then what is that other than reckless?

In South Carolina a fair amount of DUI charges are plead down to reckless driving because it doesn't have the stigma of DUI yet is still a conviction for the prosecution. However, that is typically not the case when someone does as a result of the collision.

What if Jenner was texting when it happened?

That of course would change the negligence determination. Was that the case here? The police determined there was no gross negligence involved. To me that should rule out any criminal prosecution.

Last edited:
So it's okay if I run somebody over as long as I do it slowly?

If you are obeying the traffic laws and someone presents themselves in the road in a fashion where you don't have time to respond, it shouldn't be criminal.
What if she was texting??? Are you just making that up as circumstance? That would seem like an important detail they left out. Yes, there are potential/hypothetical circumstances that would change Jenner's culpability. They did note Jenner was driving at an unsafe speed for the conditions, but didn't explain in this article. Anyone more familiar with those details.
The article said Jenner was the 3rd car in a multi-car collision. Do we know if the car in front of Jenner rear-ended the car that was 2 in front of Jenner?

Back