• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cal State LA offers segregated, microaggression free, housing for black students

it's fucked up that the black students on these campuses asked for the opportunity to have separate housing (that's technically available for anyone)?

It's technically available for anyone? So you think if a group of white students petitioned the school for a white dorm that would be met with similar approval? Don't be dense.

It's technically available for anyone? So you think if a group of white students petitioned the school for a white dorm that would be met with similar approval? Don't be dense.

So you're ok with the black students asking for and being granted dorms but you're jealous that white people "can't" do the same, even though they haven't tried (that we know of). That sounds like a different conversation.

If there are other universities providing similar segregated housing for Asian Americans that's also fucked up. Now how about you focus on the issue at hand instead of trying to flip the script. Would you be okay with a university providing this sort of dorm for white students?
They do, as I have already stated. And there are many more examples of those than there are of the African American housing you are livid about, and have been for over a century. Does it bother you that there is segregated male and female housing, or that fraternities only let males in? Do black fraternities bother you? Asian fraternities? Would you be angry if Wake said an all white fraternity was required to let in a certain number of people of color (you would be absolutely furious, by the way).

Why do you only raise it when it is black people, Bob? Can you answer that question?

So you're ok with the black students asking for and being granted dorms but you're jealous that white people "can't" do the same, even though they haven't tried (that we know of). That sounds like a different conversation.

I would not be okay with white students doing this either- but you already know that and are just being dense.

They do, as I have already stated. And there are many more examples of those than there are of the African American housing you are livid about, and have been for over a century. Does it bother you that there is segregated male and female housing, or that fraternities only let males in? Do black fraternities bother you? Asian fraternities? Would you be angry if Wake said an all white fraternity was required to let in a certain number of people of color (you would be absolutely furious, by the way).

Why do you only raise it when it is black people, Bob? Can you answer that question?

A school providing housing solely for black students is not the same as an all black fraternity. Surely you know this. But it's nice to see you come out in support of segregation. Shoo the Segregationist.

A school providing housing solely for black students is not the same as an all black fraternity. Surely you know this. But it's nice to see you come out in support of segregation. Shoo the Segregationist.

Dems will defend housing discrimination? It just keeps getting weirder.

If a school provides housing for an all black fraternity (or all white fraternity), tell me how it is different. Also, can you answer the question about why you only raise this issue when it is black people -- I have asked this several times. Common courtesy.

Do HBCs bother you? What about all girls colleges?

If a school provides housing for an all black fraternity (or all white fraternity), tell me how it is different. Also, can you answer the question about why you only raise this issue when it is black people -- I have asked this several times. Common courtesy.

Do HBCs bother you? What about all girls colleges?

Tell me if you'd be okay if the university did this for a group of white students for similar reasons? Answer: you wouldn't. But I fully expect you to lie or, more likely, ignore the question.

Tell me if you'd be okay if the university did this for a group of white students for similar reasons? Answer: you wouldn't. But I fully expect you to lie or, more likely, ignore the question.

Universities already sanction this for white people, and their segregation is for a much worse reason than those at issue here. http://http://www.vocativ.com/usa/uncategorized/sweet-home-alabama-white-only-frats-and-sororities-are-alive-and-well/

And point to where I said I was ok with any of this or it was a good thing. I wish we didn't live in a world where any of this happened -- but there is a chance Trump may become President on the back of the racist, xenophobic alt-right movement you're so fond of. Tells you all you need to know about this country, and who can blame anyone for wanting to get away from those people?

Don't you want to ban Muslims from entering the country? If so, your hypocrisy on this is astounding.

Last edited:
I read it and nowhere did it say that white people couldn't move in if they were accepted. I have no doubt some white students will end up living there, no doubt at all. Probably some other ethnic groups as well.

As usual with a BSF thread, nothing to see here. Move along.

But bob and the others who disapprove of this each has a black friend.

so you don't have an explanation, then.

Let's say a group of white students petitioned the university for their own housing claiming they felt uncomfortable around black people. And the university gave into their demands- and the only people given rooms were white, even though the university was click to claim it wasn't racist because anyone could apply. If you're unable to see how that would be problematic, you're incredibly dense.

Let's say a group of white students petitioned the university for their own housing claiming they felt uncomfortable around black people. And the university gave into their demands- and the only people given rooms were white, even though the university was click to claim it wasn't racist because anyone could apply. If you're unable to see how that would be problematic, you're incredibly dense.

so we're clear then that it's not discriminatory

so we're clear then that it's not discriminatory

So says you and David Duke. Congrats. Just so we're clear, I happen to disagree with you and the other separate but equal segregationists.

You and David Duke, kindred spirits, only seem to care when it's black people (still haven't answered that question -- wonder why) and post the exact same misleading article (I assume you follow him).

Back