• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cal State LA offers segregated, microaggression free, housing for black students

So says you and David Duke. Congrats. Just so we're clear, I happen to disagree with you and the other separate but equal segregationists.

so you don't understand the term "discriminatory" then

Frats are generally prohibited from school policy (at least) from discriminating on the basis of race. There is a big difference in offering housing to frats and providing housing to students of color that is open to everyone.

fify

I'm guessing some white students will challenge this thing by applying and exposing any racism towards them on the interwebs fairly quickly, don't you think?

Certainly BSF and David Duke aren't the only whites enraged by this oppression.

Last edited:
Steering students into segregated housing, called Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community, is discriminatory even if the housing is technically open to all races. That's open and shut.

"It's not that our golf club isn't open to everyone, it's just that a lot of potential members just feel more comfortable somewhere else."

Steering students into segregated housing, called Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community, is discriminatory even if the housing is technically open to all races. That's open and shut.

who is steering?

Michigan State students protest new, gender-neutral lounge
Student activists at Michigan State University in Lansing are this week staging a sit-in on campus and demanding that the school re-open a single-gender lounge that it closed over the summer.
The students, who say they have gathered 600 signatures on a petition in support of their cause, gathered at the student union on campus Wednesday to protest the closing of the women-only study lounge. They said the lounge is a vital safe space for women on campus.
“It’s used by Muslim women so they can remove their hijabs. It’s used by sexual assault survivors so they can distance themselves from their attacker,” Alyse Maksimoski, a senior zoology student who organized the event, told WSYM-TV. “It’s used by a vast majority on the campus as a safe space from predation and harassment.”

The lounge, which had been open since 1925, was opened to all students over the summer. Administrators turned it into a gender-neutral space after a professor filed a civil rights complaint about it; Economics Professor Mark Perry argued that allowing only women into the lounge was discriminatory against men.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/01/michigan-state-students-protest-new-gender-neutral-lounge.html

The argument otherwise wouldn't pass the straight-faced test in a court of law. Can you imagine if BOA had a loan called "Loan for White People"? That would be steering and discriminatory, just like naming a dorm the "Black Living-Learning Comminity" is steering and discriminatory. It's not close.

I suspect ITC was deliberately acting dense for the sake of being argumentative. If not, he's just really stupid.

The argument otherwise wouldn't pass the straight-faced test in a court of law. Can you imagine if BOA had a loan called "Loan for White People"? That would be steering and discriminatory, just like naming a dorm the "Black Living-Learning Community" is steering and discriminatory. It's not close.

It wasn't called "Loan for White People," but the FHA basically allowed that until 1968.

If this is illegal, then I'm sure a federal judge will agree with you at some point in the next two years.

It wasn't called "Loan for White People," but the FHA basically allowed that until 1968.

If this is illegal, then I'm sure a federal judge will agree with you at some point in the next two years.

Yikes.

You're just wrong. Naming a dorm "Black Living-Learning" has the purpose of creating all-black housing, even if it is technically open to white students. I mean, the name was in response to black students' demands for segregated housing. How is this debatable?

No, i'm not wrong, you just disagree with me.

And we were talking about steering. Just identifying a building for a community purpose is not the same thing as "oh, you're a black student? here's where the black students live and they don't live elsewhere"

No, i'm not wrong, you just disagree with me.

And we were talking about steering. Just identifying a building for a community purpose is not the same thing as "oh, you're a black student? here's where the black students live and they don't live elsewhere"

So "steering" is now acceptable. I must have heard wrong.

Back