• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can CMM play PG?

Pure point guard refers to a style of play, not a limitation of position. Allen Iverson could only play PG. No one in the world would call him a pure point guard.

Pure point guard refers to a style of play, not a limitation of position. Allen Iverson could only play PG. No one in the world would call him a pure point guard.

I think we're on the same page without realizing it. I see a kid in D1 who is 6' he better be a pure point guard or he has no future at the next level. I think it also applies to TC or CMM. Just sayin'.

I really hope [Redacted] gives CMM, Moto, and Thomas at least 28 minutes a game next year. Give Tree 20.

No way.

If CJ and McKie get 32 minutes a piece, that would only leave 36 mpg for Fisher, Fields, Green, Cavanaugh, Washington, Chennault, and DeRosiers.

No way.

If CJ and McKie get 32 minutes a piece, that would only leave 36 mpg for Fisher, Fields, Green, Cavanaugh, Washington, Chennault, and DeRosiers.

Yeah you're right, I just really want those 4 freshmen to get A LOT of minutes.

This is most certainly NOT a knock on the incoming players, but temper your expectations somewhat guys. Don't throw all that pressure on freshmen, won't end up well, at least history suggests that.

What the fuck are you talking about? Iverson was a 2-guard despite his size. When he played the point he failed.

The answer to the OP's question is that yes, CMM wil play PG, to the extend it even exists in Bz's offense. But it's largely a position-less offense. He wants a guy who is good enough to get the ball past mid court against the press, which CMM should be. After that, the system relies on everyone to be able to both pass the ball and score.

Codi will absolutely play PG next year.

This is most certainly NOT a knock on the incoming players, but temper your expectations somewhat guys. Don't throw all that pressure on freshmen, won't end up well, at least history suggests that.

Very true.

How quickly people forget.

But Bz recruited this class! Things will be different!

People keep posting to temper your expectations on this class in threads where nobody has said anything overly positive.

Eric Snow and AI.

Man, I was so badass with the 76ers back in the day on NBA Live. Snow had LOCKDOWN defense.

The whole point of this thread is whether or not CMM will be our savior.

Preemptive warning, son.

I foresee shit. Like Buzz being a disaster. Called that one.

The Mayans and 2012? Absolute bollocks.

Back