• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can CMM play PG?

Really, because it looks like the point is if he can play PG?

The implication is can he play point well enough to jump into the starting line-up since he isn't going to be the starting 2 guard. At least that's how I read it.

Well overtaking the starting PG spot on this team shouldn't require overly optimistic expectations.

Codi is better than Chennault and Fields right now.

There's no projection involved.

I'm not saying he's going to be an All-ACC player as a freshman. I'm just saying he's going to be our best option at PG.

But seriously, CMM needs to be our next star. Maybe not his freshman year (though he does need to play a trillion minutes), but he definitely needs to be the face of Wake basketball in the next couple years.

But seriously, CMM needs to be our next star. Maybe not his freshman year (though he does need to play a trillion minutes), but he definitely needs to be the face of Wake basketball in the next couple years.

I actually disagree with this. What we want is for 2 guys from this class to be solid starters. That will then leave us with Travis and CJ, plus 2 from next year's class, plus what Chase should be with proper support. Bz's sytem relies on everyone being able to score, not relying on a couple of stars. What we need is quality depth.

I'm slowly reverting back to my fear that Chase is just another version of Ammo. I pray that my fears are wrong.

This is most certainly NOT a knock on the incoming players, but temper your expectations somewhat guys. Don't throw all that pressure on freshmen, won't end up well, at least history suggests that.

The good news is that we should have two upperclassmen stars and leaders. The youth excuse isn't going to cut it next year when our best to players will be a Jr. and a Sr. It's not unreasonable to think think that our freshman can be productive, especially when none of them have the pressure of being "the guy." Hell, Uconn started 3 freshman and won the National Championship last year. Or look at Kansas this year who has two veteran leaders studs and a bunch of young role players. No, we won't be anywhere close to as good as those teams, but we should still be a lot better adding quality depth around our potential All-ACC players.

We will need CMM to be good and 2-3 of the other guys to be contributors and we could be pretty good.

The good news is that we should have two upperclassmen stars and leaders. The youth excuse isn't going to cut it next year when our best to players will be a Jr. and a Sr. It's not unreasonable to think think that our freshman can be productive, especially when none of them have the pressure of being "the guy." Hell, Uconn started 3 freshman and won the National Championship last year. Or look at Kansas this year who has two veteran leaders studs and a bunch of young role players. No, we won't be anywhere close to as good as those teams, but we should still be a lot better adding quality depth around our potential All-ACC players.

We will need CMM to be good and 2-3 of the other guys to be contributors and we could be pretty good.

Our 2002-2003 team had a rotation of three freshmen, three sophomores, and a stud senior. We had the best conference record in the ACC and got a two seed. Does anyone think Bz could have gotten a 2-seed with that team?

I get the bald tags... but where did the dwarf part come from? Is the Duke game driving Mooonzzzz to a little Thursday vino?

Ha. Not my tag.

As far as I know, none of the dwarves is bald

I watched about 16 seconds of the game . Saw TC fuck up a few plays and checked out

5 week old babies will do that to you

Buzz out

Dwarves out

Pure point guard refers to a style of play, not a limitation of position. Allen Iverson could only play PG. No one in the world would call him a pure point guard.

Fish, is that you?

If the super 6 are as good as billed then this might be the case.

Is there a reason every big class has to be filled with saviors? The last well-rounded big class we had was what, '02? And that still came w/ Richard Joyce. CMM's the only one I'm banking on for next year. Anyone else ready to play and play well will be gravy.

'06 Ish, LD, Skeen, McFarland, Gurley Crawford.
'10 McKie, Terrell, Derosiers, Chennault, Tabb

Of the similar ranked classes there were maybe 5 guys out of 11 ready to contribute right away (Ish, LD, Skeen, McKie, Terrell). I don't think it's unrealistic to think 3 of the 6 incoming freshman could be impact players.

I am personally banking Moto and CMM will be ready to contribute right away. I also think Tree will be able to provide defense and ball-handling so he could see the floor. It's the big guys that concern me (and sadly who we need the most).

I hear Devin Thomas is up to 7'3" tall, 342 lbs and shoots lightning bolts from his arse.

tumblr_lobtivF2Uz1qg51iuo1_500.jpg

Back