• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can the ACC become a quality Power 5 league?

There's a possibility that 3 of the 4 playoff teams would've beaten South Carolina this year and Reff will just be happy that 2 of those are SEC teams and only 1 ACC.

Everyone, let's pause and give a short round of applause for simple jack figuring out how to edit his thread title finally!

All I’m gonna say is you people are gonna feel really stupid when USC beats Clemson next month and the ACC shows that it isn’t a quality P5 conference as they miss the CFP and Wake winds up in the Sun Bowl again. And that’s all I’m gonna say.

All I’m gonna say is you people are gonna feel really stupid when USC beats Clemson next month and the ACC shows that it isn’t a quality P5 conference as they miss the CFP and Wake winds up in the Sun Bowl again. And that’s all I’m gonna say.

I will revoke your mod status if this happens.

ScoopBiff

It's aspirational Fandom. It's like the donks that root for Ferrari in F1. They will never own one, but rooting for the team makes them feel adjacent to it.

Similar to shit ass programs like SCar and their idiot fans like Reff celebrating the success of UGA and Bama.
To me that makes sense for sports in general. I'll never be that strong, fast, etc. But rooting for your supposed rivals just feels like it misses the point of rivalries.

Sun Bowl again?

To me that makes sense for sports in general. I'll never be that strong, fast, etc. But rooting for your supposed rivals just feels like it misses the point of rivalries.
Yeah, I have a hard time pulling for rivals even if it benefits us. F them all. Let's go 12-0 every year and beat OOC opponents and we will be fine.

Wait, I thought everyone here felt great about WF basketball after Duke and UNC made their final 4 runs and Miami advanced to the Elite 8 last March?

UGA trucks S. Carolina 48-7 (and it wasn't that close) in September, and dipshit Gamecock fans feel they can claim a piece of UGA's success?

what-no.gif

Wait, I thought everyone here felt great about WF basketball after Duke and UNC made their final 4 runs and Miami advanced to the Elite 8 last March?

UGA trucks S. Carolina 48-7 (and it wasn't that close) in September, and dipshit Gamecock fans feel they can claim a piece of UGA's success?

what-no.gif

USC hasn’t lost a game since then.

USC hasn’t lost a game since then.
OK Gamecock fanboy, lets breakdown S. Carolina's wins since then:

September 24th: 1-7 Charlotte - 49ers have fired their coach; Bill and Mary put the beatdown on Charlotte
September 29th 3-4 SC State - Was this a game or a scrimmage? SC State is a low-end FCS team a losing record; Gamecocks want a pat on the back for that win?
October 8th Kentucky - Seems like a good win, BUT Kentucky played without their starting QB and projected 1st round pick Will Levis; instead, freshman Kaiya Sheron made his first and only career start; counterfeit
October 15th 3-4 Texas A&M: Guess who else played this game without their starting QB? Max Johnson out with broken hand; horrible Haines King started (check out his stats against an App. State secondary that has been torched all year: 13 for 20 for 97 yards (not a misprint)); King lit up Sam Houston State (wow); since then, King is 61 for 111 (55%) for 577 yards (5 yards per attempt) 3 TDs 4 picks; that is impossibly bad. Also, A&M is in complete disarray as Jimbo has just suspended multiple players. A&M is a clown show:

So, congrats to S. Carolina for beating perhaps the worst FBS program in CLT, winning a scrimmage against a MEAC school, beating KY without their all everything QB, and an A&M team that has quit on the season, and was also missing their QB.

S. Carolina has 3-4 Mizzou next.. Mizzou's 3 wins: LA Tech, Abilene Christian and Vandy; then the showdown against 3-4 Vandy

What a rigorous SEC schedule! SEC SEC SEC. S.Carolina has beaten nobody this year, and the two decent teams they faced completely embarrassed them by a combined 92-37. So, get fired up for SC v. Mizzou and Vandy. Riveting. SC is a fraud.

Last edited:
only a matter of time before a massive "covid outbreak" hits A&M it would seem

OK Gamecock fanboy, lets breakdown S. Carolina's wins since then:

September 24th: 1-7 Charlotte - 49ers have fired their coach; Bill and Mary put the beatdown on Charlotte
September 29th 3-4 SC State - Was this a game or a scrimmage? SC State is a low-end FCS team a losing record; Gamecocks want a pat on the back for that win?
October 8th Kentucky - Seems like a good win, BUT Kentucky played without their starting QB and projected 1st round pick Will Levis; instead, freshman Kaiya Sheron made his first and only career start; counterfeit
October 15th 3-4 Texas A&M: Guess who else played this game without their starting QB? Max Johnson out with broken hand; horrible Haines King started (check out his stats against an App. State secondary that has been torched all year: 13 for 20 for 97 yards (not a misprint)); King lit up Sam Houston State (wow); since then, King is 61 for 111 (55%) for 577 yards (5 yards per attempt) 3 TDs 4 picks; that is impossibly bad. Also, A&M is in complete disarray as Jimbo has just suspended multiple players. A&M is a clown show:

So, congrats to S. Carolina for beating perhaps the worst FBS program in CLT, winning a scrimmage against a MEAC school, beating KY without their all everything QB, and an A&M team that has quit on the season, and was also missing their QB.

S. Carolina has 3-4 Mizzou next.. Mizzou's 3 wins: LA Tech, Abilene Christian and Vandy; then the showdown against 3-4 Vandy

What a rigorous SEC schedule! SEC SEC SEC. S.Carolina has beaten nobody this year, and the two decent teams they faced completely embarrassed them by a combined 92-37. So, get fired up for SC v. Mizzou and Vandy. Riveting. SC is a fraud.

Lol, I can’t believe I made you type all that.

only a matter of time before a massive "covid outbreak" hits A&M it would seem

Two starters ruled out on the OL for the season due to injury and four true NIL freshman suspended indefinitely last night.

Back