• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can we fine MSU for cow bells

The cowbells didn't lose us that football game... This thread is a joke. Those bells stop ringing if we're winning 21-0.

You are correct in your last sentence. However, if the rules of the stadium were not going to be enforced, why were we not notified so that Wake fans could bring whistles, or horns or whatever. With enough notice, we could have made it a real noise show.
I don't think the noise affected the game outcome, but if it affected a few plays it is wrong, especially since the paperwork and my ticket indicated that noisemakers were NOT allowed.

Apparently MSU has been fined before for the cowbells... from what I've been told, the issue isn't them bringing them or anything, they simply are not supposed to be allowed to use them during a play. Its for the same reason the bands can't play during actual gameplay. While they're in the huddle, on the sidelines, or about to snap, whatever. But not during the play.

You are correct in your last sentence. However, if the rules of the stadium were not going to be enforced, why were we not notified so that Wake fans could bring whistles, or horns or whatever. With enough notice, we could have made it a real noise show.
I don't think the noise affected the game outcome, but if it affected a few plays it is wrong, especially since the paperwork and my ticket indicated that noisemakers were NOT allowed.

The bowl make it VERY clear to us that the cowbells were not only welcome but encouraged. They announced that to us the day that we were invited to the game.

The bowl make it VERY clear to us that the cowbells were not only welcome but encouraged. They announced that to us the day that we were invited to the game.

If you keep in mind that bowl games are basically exhibitions, then we probably shouldn't take them so seriously and get worked up over bells. On the other hand, we are all there to enjoy the festivities and game for a couple days and the MSU fans were annoying as heck with the bells in the restaurants.

Show some restraint.

There were actually less bells than normal. Most people didn't bring them cuz of all the walking around. Most of us don't have the urge to walk around a nice downtown area ringing a bell. For SEC games the bells are not illegal if we ring responsibly. There was obviously no penalty for ringing at the wrong times during the bowl game so the dumbass ringers were dumbass ringers. We have payed fines for the ringing because of the first two games from last season. That was the first season the bells were legal in the SEC and it took a couple games for the tards to figure out the right times to ring. Apparently the announcers kept saying that the bells were illegal. I wish they had not said that, because it makes our fanbase look like we orchestrated this huge illegal cowbell game. They were legal for the bowl game, they are legal in the SEC, and they are legal in non-conference games unless an away team tells us we can't bring them. Either way, I expect this tradition to be taken away in the next few years and it doesn't really bother me that much. We will still have our bells for tailgating or a random ring at a baseball game. I don't think running around ringing bells is exactly the best thing in the world for an ag school from MS. But good game Deacs. I had a good time talking with a few of you.

Here is the pic I took of him. Sorry for the quality of the pic.
407417_340372855974645_100000058002033_1490822_188100272_n.jpg

There was a group of MSU people behind me, all drunk, laughing at this guy. Their comment was "That dude brought the liberty bell". Literally was a huge bell, not a cowbell, but some big ass bell.

Back