• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'Can't be with that sweet stuff'....yes folks, that just happened.

You serious Clark? What do you mean who fucking cares? This guy's supposed to be a rolemodel and he's out there chastising gay people and telling them they're not welcome in the locker room. It's not something you would joke about anyway. Would you think it was funny if Joe Flacco gave an interview and was like "nuh uh, black people can't be up in my locker room."

I don't think the backup cornerback of an NFL team is supposed to be a role model. We want him to hit people very very hard, that's about it. The role models are the quarterbacks.

I guess I'm surprised that ANYONE is surprised by this guy's remarks. I'm going to honest with you - homophobic humor is every bit as alive and well as it was when I was a kid. If you made a gay-bashing joke at my office, I guarantee you most everyone would laugh at it, men and women alike. That is, if you are at all good at telling jokes. For the most part it's been like that everywhere I've worked/lived (corporate/suburbs). The only place I see "outrage" is in the media (who have a financial incentive) and a few folks on the internet. Now, I'm not defending homophobic humor (it's childish), but I do wonder why I don't run into you sensitive types more often during the normal course of my life. Is it just "luck"? Shrug.

I guess I'm surprised that ANYONE is surprised by this guy's remarks. I'm going to honest with you - homophobic humor is every bit as alive and well as it was when I was a kid. If you made a gay-bashing joke at my office, I guarantee you most everyone would laugh at it, men and women alike. That is, if you are at all good at telling jokes. For the most part it's been like that everywhere I've worked/lived (corporate/suburbs). The only place I see "outrage" is in the media (who have a financial incentive) and a few folks on the internet. Now, I'm not defending homophobic humor (it's childish), but I do wonder why I don't run into you sensitive types more often during the normal course of my life. Is it just "luck"? Shrug.

I'm guessing you live in the South

We hain't got none of them homersetuals down hyear in the souf.

Stereotyping the South is almost as insensitive as what that backup CB said.

You serious Clark? What do you mean who fucking cares? This guy's supposed to be a rolemodel and he's out there chastising gay people and telling them they're not welcome in the locker room. It's not something you would joke about anyway. Would you think it was funny if Joe Flacco gave an interview and was like "nuh uh, black people can't be up in my locker room."

He is dumb for saying it given that (1) he plays in SF, and (2) he is going to invite the criticism, especially since gay folks tend to perpetuate the stereotype and bitch like women whenever they are offended by somebody who doesn't particularly "get" (for lack of a better term) the gay lifestyle. I hardly think that Joe Flacco commenting on black people is even remotely comparable. Can we please get off the "gay marriage is the great civil rights struggle of our time"? The whole anti-gay thing in the world of athletics comes from the idea that gay dudes are going to check out your junk when you're in the shower or suddenly feel the desire to touch it or go down on you in front of 80 other straight dudes. Hardly rational behavior, but hardly along the lines of lynchings, killings, water-cannons, and slavery.

Athletes aren't role models. Or at least they shouldn't be.

He is dumb for saying it given that (1) he plays in SF, and (2) he is going to invite the criticism, especially since gay folks tend to perpetuate the stereotype and bitch like women whenever they are offended by somebody who doesn't particularly "get" (for lack of a better term) the gay lifestyle. I hardly think that Joe Flacco commenting on black people is even remotely comparable. Can we please get off the "gay marriage is the great civil rights struggle of our time"? The whole anti-gay thing in the world of athletics comes from the idea that gay dudes are going to check out your junk when you're in the shower or suddenly feel the desire to touch it or go down on you in front of 80 other straight dudes. Hardly rational behavior, but hardly along the lines of lynchings, killings, water-cannons, and slavery.

A) What does gay people bitching have to do with it? A dude was telling a group of people that they weren't welcome in his locker room. That's offensive no matter what group of people you might be.

B) How the hell is the gay rights' struggle not equivalent in the modern paradigm to civil rights? There's no historical slave basis for gay people, but they have never really had rights in American history and they're pursuing the right to marry just like interracial marriages were being pursued. There's not really a difference whatsoever about a minority group fighting for equal rights under the Constitution IMO.

C) People who are insecure with themselves are going to be insecure no matter what. It's just an excuse to say "HE'S LOOKING AT MY JUNK WTF MAN WHY IS HE ALLOWED IN HERE?!?!?!?!" To say gay people are going to want to go down on a dude in the locker room because they see a penis is just fucking stupid. If you're in a recreational setting and you happened to be showering with women I seriously doubt there would be any inclination to approach a random woman and eat her out in front of 80 other people. That's just stupid.

D) Police brutality, Stonewall, and the inability to marry over the past 40 years certainly don't match the historical intensity of minority people within America but I don't think that it makes the struggle for equal rights in the modern day incomparable. That's pretty ridiculous too. Gay people get killed by straight people simply for being gay, gay people HAVE in fact been subject to police brutality in the past, and gay people don't have the same rights as straight people merely because of who they are attracted to. It's just as silly and ridiculous as racism and shouldn't be taken any more lightly in our society. To say otherwise just continues to perpetuate what's wrong with modern society.

This is just a terrible fucking post. Please reserve these dumb, ignorant ramblings for the tunnels where only dozens of people will see them and subsequently be disappointed that you represent MSD. :rulz: Or better yet, take this shit to RULZ's board.

This is just a terrible fucking post. Please reserve these dumb, ignorant ramblings for the tunnels where only dozens of people will see them and subsequently be disappointed that you represent MSD. :rulz: Or better yet, take this shit to RULZ's board.

Well said. You and Numbers both.

A) What does gay people bitching have to do with it? A dude was telling a group of people that they weren't welcome in his locker room. That's offensive no matter what group of people you might be.

B) How the hell is the gay rights' struggle not equivalent in the modern paradigm to civil rights? There's no historical slave basis for gay people, but they have never really had rights in American history and they're pursuing the right to marry just like interracial marriages were being pursued. There's not really a difference whatsoever about a minority group fighting for equal rights under the Constitution IMO.

C) People who are insecure with themselves are going to be insecure no matter what. It's just an excuse to say "HE'S LOOKING AT MY JUNK WTF MAN WHY IS HE ALLOWED IN HERE?!?!?!?!" To say gay people are going to want to go down on a dude in the locker room because they see a penis is just fucking stupid. If you're in a recreational setting and you happened to be showering with women I seriously doubt there would be any inclination to approach a random woman and eat her out in front of 80 other people. That's just stupid.

D) Police brutality, Stonewall, and the inability to marry over the past 40 years certainly don't match the historical intensity of minority people within America but I don't think that it makes the struggle for equal rights in the modern day incomparable. That's pretty ridiculous too. Gay people get killed by straight people simply for being gay, gay people HAVE in fact been subject to police brutality in the past, and gay people don't have the same rights as straight people merely because of who they are attracted to. It's just as silly and ridiculous as racism and shouldn't be taken any more lightly in our society. To say otherwise just continues to perpetuate what's wrong with modern society.

Fucking all-star post.

A- It has nothing. I'm just tired of people being ostracized if they don't tow the line on the gay rights agenda. As for the larger point in this case, I agree that he was stupid to say what he said.

B- Just because it is a struggle for "rights" does not mean that all rights are equal. The right to marry a person of the same sex is a pretty typical 21st century problem. How about the right to not get your head cut off in Saudi Arabia because you're gay? That's something I find truly revolting.

C- I don't disagree. You could see from my post that I was illustrating an irrational line of thought. FWIW, I wouldn't eat the woman out, but if she was hot, I would jerk it to her (afterwards, not in the shower). Of course, a woman wouldn't be in the shower with men in the first place, probably due to an innate and centuries-old distrust of the sexualized male. That same distrust applies to gay men. Don't take that as an argument or an affront. Examine it as a part of this guy and others' mindsets about not wanting gay men in the locker room.

D- C'mon, man. Any marginalized group that is different is going to have some clarion call and cause they revert to. Stonewall? Where is the nobility in that? Crooked cops, the mafia and some pissed-off drag queens. And now, in an attempt to somehow equate the gay rights struggle to MLK, Stonewall is suddenly the new Selma. It would be laughable if it wasn't taken seriously. That's not advocating violence to say that. Most people are perfectly content to just let people be, myself included. Silence does not equal consent here. I think one's sexuality isn't my business, and so like most people, I don't want to talk about it. The public backlash the gay community is getting now is because the fight is more public now than ever. When fights for personal things, be they gay rights or abortion, go public, they get nasty and battle lines are drawn. I tend to think that people should just STFU, not get melodramatic and caught up with false historical analogies to make their point, and appeal to sense rather than emotion.

Now this guy saying what he did is a perfect example of what is wrong in the larger debate. First, that he said what he said was stupid. I don't debate that and I stated the reasons. I'm not offended by it. The man is entitled to his opinion and the context of the show and interview does give him some leeway. I don't think that Baltimore player should be tweeting about making the Super Bowl and media day some cause for gay rights either. It's football. Nobody wants to hear about how he was raised around gay people.

And yet the outrage is just as wrong. Jesus, people need to get a grip. When you bash a person as homophobic or hateful, you better damn well know what you're talking about and not just throw out the term as a reflex because it doesn't do anything to help the cause. It just offends everybody who may relate to the guy or people who don't relate to him but think the reaction is overblown (like me).

Thanks for contributing to the debate. The only reason I posted on this is because it WASN'T on the politics board. My posts there are few and far between because everybody has turned into a sanctimonious asshole there. Seems like you would fit in well.

When it comes to sanctimony, the Moral Majority and Christian Coalition have nothing on the homophiles.

When it comes to sanctimony, the Moral Majority and Christian Coalition have nothing on the homophiles.

Yeah because all those persecuted minority Christians just can't catch a darn break when it comes to Constitutional rights. I really feel bad for them. It's a shame people want to be treated equally. Damn those homos

Thanks for contributing to the debate. The only reason I posted on this is because it WASN'T on the politics board. My posts there are few and far between because everybody has turned into a sanctimonious asshole there. Seems like you would fit in well.
Oh, so now you're "debating"? Your post doesn't deserve an argument, you just posted some stupid offensive generalizations of homosexual people and belittled the social freedoms they're fighting for. I don't need to add anything to the argument because the argument doesn't belong here, I just wanted you to know that your post was terrible.

Oh, so now you're "debating"? Your post doesn't deserve an argument, you just posted some stupid offensive generalizations of homosexual people and belittled the social freedoms they're fighting for. I don't need to add anything to the argument because the argument doesn't belong here, I just wanted you to know that your post was terrible.

Really? You're REALLY offended by what I wrote? Because I didn't find it to be a big deal, you're offended? Because I think that people making it a big deal actually undermines the cause, you're offended? Man that whole choose your battles wisely philosophy must really suck then.

I think you're just offended because I wasn't offended by what the guy said.

"Everyone here is dumber for having heard it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

Back