• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'Can't be with that sweet stuff'....yes folks, that just happened.

There's a paradox here. On the one hand there definitely ARE gay men in NFL locker rooms. On the other hand, the universe has not collapsed in on itself.

There's a paradox here. On the one hand there definitely ARE gay men in NFL locker rooms. On the other hand, the universe has not collapsed in on itself.

Not to mention gay trainers, equipment managers, coaches, and other team personnel.

There's a reason ELC's either single or short term banging porkers with the HIV he meets at 3 am at the karaoke roadhouse.

There's a reason ELC's either single or short term banging porkers with the HIV he meets at 3 am at the karaoke roadhouse.

Short and bald?

Short and bald?

Yep, that's what his ladies tend to look like.

The reason ELC's either single or banging these porkers is his stone-age views about women. Or his closeted gay self-loathing manifesting itself in homophobia. Also called Haggarding.

I think it's happening a lot quicker than you think. A lot of the players are in their early/mid 20's now, and grew up with a lot more classmates in middle/high school who were out or who didn't care about people's orientation. Much, much more so than the players in their 30's, and more than the players in their late 20's.

I agree that things are going to shift but part of the problem isn't that the players didn't grow up not knowing anybody that was gay, it was that they were taught hours a day on a daily basis that being gay made you less of a man and there is no place for that on football field or the locker room.

You are going to need coaches to shift their attitudes as well.

The gay WR plot in ESPN's Playmakers was one of the best, by the way. Like in actually good, unlike the episode where the Omar Gooding had his boy score him some drugs during a halftime that took place the entire episode. That was good in terms of how comical it was.

The gay WR plot in ESPN's Playmakers was one of the best, by the way. Like in actually good, unlike the episode where the Omar Gooding had his boy score him some drugs during a halftime that took place the entire episode. That was good in terms of how comical it was.

playmakers was both good and GOOD. I liked the show.

I wish ESPN hadn't pussed out or at least found another home for it. Can't believe that was 10 years ago.

I think it's happening a lot quicker than you think. A lot of the players are in their early/mid 20's now, and grew up with a lot more classmates in middle/high school who were out or who didn't care about people's orientation. Much, much more so than the players in their 30's, and more than the players in their late 20's.

It is happening very quickly. 10-15 years ago, most arguments would've ended abruptly and in hysterical laughter or strange looks if you had brought up the idea of gay marriage. The country's position on homosexuality on a broader level has become much more open and accepting. The issue of gay marriage specifically has only been a frontburner issue for about that amount of time, and wasn't on the backburner for very long prior to that. It became more of an issue in the last 30 years with the rise of test-tube babies.

Are you denying that, in general, those in southern, more conservative areas, have less progressive views on homosexuality?

What do you think the views are like in black and hispanic neighborhoods? Blue collar union neighborhoods?

He shouldn't have said it, but honestly I couldn't care less what he thinks about issues other than covering Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and the others in 3 days..

Doesn't matter whether it's the reality of the locker room. You don't express that opinion in public.

I agree...just don't see the outrage. Guy is an idiot for saying it, it just didn't surprise me.

Suggs was asked about the comments and had this to say. This is what I would hope most players would say (and better than that believe) but I do still doubt this is the majority.

----------------------

After 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver stuck his foot in his mouth when asked what he’d think of having a gay teammate, some words of wisdom during this Super Bowl week came from Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs.

Asked if he would have a problem with a gay teammate, Suggs answered, “Absolutely not.” Suggs then added that the rest of the team would welcome a gay teammate as well.

“We wouldn’t have a problem with it,” Suggs said. “We don’t care. Our biggest thing in the locker room is to just have fun and stay loose. We don’t really care too much about that. We’re a football team. I said it yesterday; everybody deserves a certain amount of privacy. Who cares? Whatever a person’s choice is, it’s their choice.”

Suggs said the Ravens’ locker room is a welcoming environment.

“On this team, with so many different personalities, we just accept people for who they are and we don’t really care too much about a player’s sexuality,” Suggs said. “To each their own. You know who you are, and we accept you for it.”

-------------------------------------

lol. fucking idiots

http://sfist.com/2013/01/31/49ers_deny_it_gets_better.php

"Yesterday, when fellow players Ahmad Brooks and Isaac Sopoaga were questioned about their 2012 appearance in the team's much lauded "It Gets Better" video, both players denied appearing in the video, and it's clear they either didn't know that the It Gets Better Project had a significant LGBT focus, or they hadn't made the connection between bullying and gay civil rights issues. "

the overreaction to ELC's offensive statement sort of makes his point for him

Back