• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Captains Choice Mafia: Day 4 Ends at 3:00

Also sorry it had to win that way. That meeting came up unexpectedly. Sucks to end game with someone not voting.

Also someone explain how I was wrong day 2? Isn't the most logical thing to do day 2 and 3 to look at the people who didnt vote for their teammate? Elimate them or dissect their play then move on from there to a tim or gouda or tejas?

Not all votes are created equal

To expound - yes in a game like this it buys you a day. That's why d2 I voted jhawk. I backburnered first 4 votes. I wasn't mafia. And whoever the other was (bym?) read fine. Process of elimination and jhawk's absence = vote. After that though you don't just go down a list, especially as more info comes out. Gouda's vote and early move on tic = worth more than your hedging and especially tim's vote when it seems like tic will die. How much cred does Tim really get at the end of the day for a 4th vote in a short round on tic in a 9 person game?

To expound - yes in a game like this it buys you a day. That's why d2 I voted jhawk. I backburnered first 4 votes. I wasn't mafia. And whoever the other was (bym?) read fine. Process of elimination and jhawk's absence = vote. After that though you don't just go down a list, especially as more info comes out. Gouda's vote and early move on tic = worth more than your hedging and especially tim's vote when it seems like tic will die. How much cred does Tim really get at the end of the day for a 4th vote in a short round on tic in a 9 person game?

These are the posts I love. I learn the most from the Egglesplanations.

Yeah, I said in mafia chat I wish I had been the third vote on tic. Still thought he might talk his way out of it before that happened though.

I think you have me on ignore im pretty sure i posted twice when you posted jhawk absence means he is mafia.

Good job tim.

Bym why would you que up a switch but not do it?

The OT rules we use are the only way to do it, unless you have some kind of OT where every vote until X time counts.

Regarding tejas' "eliminate the people who didnt vote for TIC" idea - that will never work. Mafia always votes teammates. The only reason anyone ever voted for me this game was for that reason. WIFOM

Oh sure. You obviously dont ignore those people. But that is why I said that is where you start day 2 and 3. Again you are right not all votes are equal and mafia bus teammates.

But logically I still think I am right that the place to start especially with only 2 mafia, is with those who didnt vote for mafia.

And I agree to an extent you dont stick to that list from then on, and I would have chucked it in last day (but I got taken away for a meeting). but I think it is useful to start with that list day 2 and possibly day 3.

Good job tim.

The OT rules we use are the only way to do it, unless you have some kind of OT where every vote until X time counts.

Regarding tejas' "eliminate the people who didnt vote for TIC" idea - that will never work. Mafia always votes teammates. The only reason anyone ever voted for me this game was for that reason. WIFOM

False. Sure it isn't 100% fool proof, but its a place to start. Again I am not saying you stick with that and get tunnel vision (though Im sure that is what you all thought I was doing). I think you start with that list and move on from there. And I think it is 100% logical and the right play

The line about the maj was the nice touch by tim. Just a vote there and he would've died later. The majority thing made it seem more organic.

Good job tim.

you also have to remember there were only 2 mafia. Again it doesn't mean mafia voting a teammate won't happen, but the context of only 2 members is important. Hence Eagles point that Tim being last vote towards end of day is not the most credible thing, especially since there wasn't really another player close in vote counts

False. Sure it isn't 100% fool proof, but its a place to start. Again I am not saying you stick with that and get tunnel vision (though Im sure that is what you all thought I was doing). I think you start with that list and move on from there. And I think it is 100% logical and the right play

Its a place to start if your only tool is voting records.

Its a place to start if your only tool is voting records.

No its always the place to start. Votes are the mechanism by which the game moves. It can't be the only tool, but it has to be the starting point

Back