• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina (-5) at Wake - 8:00 ESPNU

Reaction score
Sad that there isn't any discussion yet. Speaks to the times.

Anyway, Carolina is favored by 5. KenPom likes them by 3 and gives us a 37% chance.

Wake plays good at home and i think people remember that we went 2-1 last year against ranked teams including a beat down of #2 miami. Call me crazy but I think Wake finds a way to win tonight. Look for Travis to have a big game

A 'W' tonite is definitely possible.
Would be nice if we had a good Wake crowd to boost the atmosphere

I don't know why anybody is surprised by the line. It's very rare that a team is a double digit favorite on the road in ACC play. See: Notre Dame beating Duke.

My gut was that Wake wins & then loses 5 of next 7. If they do win tonight, it will be the high point for BzzIN before this all ends in April (hopefully).

If the Xavier game hadn't happened I think I would have Wake winning. Last game was just absolutely miserable it's hard to pick a win after that against anyone. I know it's a road game but shit that was just so bad.

If the Xavier game hadn't happened I think I would have Wake winning. Last game was just absolutely miserable it's hard to pick a win after that against anyone. I know it's a road game but shit that was just so bad.

And UNCG just before Xavier was almost as bad.

I don't know why anybody is surprised by the line. It's very rare that a team is a double digit favorite on the road in ACC play. See: Notre Dame beating Duke.

Notre Dame has a history of beating Top 10 teams at home. Duke has no inside presence.

Our only chance is to pack the middle and make them beat us from three.

Notre Dame has a history of beating Top 10 teams at home. Duke has no inside presence.

Our only chance is to pack the middle and make them beat us from three.

We should have tried that against Cyclops with the damn shooter shades. He went for like what 21 and 18...

Agree that tonight's game will be very close, and that it would not shock me in the least if we won.

Games they have to play, they have won. The ones they overlooked, they lost. They won't overlook us.

UNC has already shown on multiple occasions the ability to knock off top-10 teams (even on the road) and losing to any top-200 team. While it's a given that we won't play good defense (the hallmark of a Buzzdick coached team), if we have a good shooting night and don't panic offensively, and if they have an off night shooting, it certainly is a winnable game. But I'd put the chances at around 20% and don't expect it but it could happen.

I seem to recall a time when a UNC/Wake game would have been on ESPN or CBS. Now UNC/Wake is relegated to the U. [sigh]

Last edited:
Games they have to play, they have won. The ones they overlooked, they lost. They won't overlook us.

I agree with this, if this was a game in the middle of conference play in between maybe a Pitt Duke game or something I could see it being overlooked. ACC opener on the road against an in-state opponent. We will need Devin to play much better, he hasn't met expectations the last 2-3 games.

I agree with this, if this was a game in the middle of conference play in between maybe a Pitt Duke game or something I could see it being overlooked. ACC opener on the road against an in-state opponent. We will need Devin to play much better, he hasn't met expectations the last 2-3 games.
That's true. Their last game was Tuesday (12/31), a 33-point home win over UNC-W, and their next game is Wednesday (1/8) against Miami.

We'll likely have UNC's full and undivided attention tonight.

Yep, this. If UNC plays to their talent level, they should win by 10-15.

Back