• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina (-5) at Wake - 8:00 ESPNU

4 hrs till tip off, and the pre game thread hasn't made it to three pages. Oh how the mighty have fallen. This sucks....

Call me crazy, and I've only seen about 5-6 UNC games this year, but I don't think they have that much more talent.

Call me crazy, and I've only seen about 5-6 UNC games this year, but I don't think they have that much more talent.

It's not the difference in talent that I find most concerning...

It's not the difference in talent that I find most concerning...

Yeap, and thats my point. Also UNC is a terrible free throwing shooting team... and somehow we have been worse. Definately a winnable game, but coaching and free throws will probably make it a UNC win and cover of -6.5

Today is January 5. It is also the first time I will have watched a single minute of a Wake basketball game this season (that started two months ago), primarily because most of the games haven't been televised.

Tonight is a win win for me. If things go well, then it is always great to beat the holes. If things go bad, a twenty pointy beat down in front of a listless crowd would just be one more nail in bzdeliks coffin.

Wish we'd bring back the '95 white with black trim uni's.

Holes have a lot more talent. Roy isn't substantially better than Buzz though.

(yes, I'm serious. Roy sucks as a coach)

Holes have a lot more talent. Roy isn't substantially better than Buzz though.

(yes, I'm serious. Roy sucks as a coach)

[Redacted] is one of the worst coaches in D1 basketball. I'll give you Roy may not be very good, but there are still many levels between him and [Redacted].

Agree with SC though, this is a win win situation tonight.

If Roy was nearly as bad of a coach as many make him out to be, he would have been long out of a job.

23 NCAA tournaments and never lost in the 1st round and only a few tourneys with 2nd round losses.

Tonight is a win win for me. If things go well, then it is always great to beat the holes. If things go bad, a twenty pointy beat down in front of a listless crowd would just be one more nail in bzdeliks coffin.

Buzz doesn't even have a coffin. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Hatch and RW don't care about winning.

I sure hope students are back or this will look like a home game for Tar Holes. It's pretty embarrassing if that happens. Oh for the days of a real home court advantage.

Forty years of following Wake basketball and I never thought I would say anything like this and would call anyone who did a heretic. But sadly, I feel the same way.

I sure hope students are back or this will look like a home game for Tar Holes. It's pretty embarrassing if that happens. Oh for the days of a real home court advantage.

That's WAY down the list of things I'm embarrassed about.

If people want to pull against Wake that's fine but get the fuck out of here pulling for UNC in anything. Bunch of fucking mouthbreathers.

If Roy was nearly as bad of a coach as many make him out to be, he would have been long out of a job.

23 NCAA tournaments and never lost in the 1st round and only a few tourneys with 2nd round losses.

This. I get so tired of hearing what a terrible coach Roy is. His numbers are ridiculous, he recruits, he wins. His teams generally play better as the season goes on and they usually perform well in the post-season. Save the style points for figure skating.

And UNC is much more talented than we are. Having said that, at home early in the year we have a shot if everything goes perfectly for us. Later in the year or in Chapel Hill and we get blown out.

The criticism of Roy is that Doofus could recruit at Kansas and UNC. Yes he gets the job done still, but he's not a particularly good game coach.

UNC is clearly more talented than we do. They have like 5 Mcdonalds All-Americans. Last time I checked we don't have any.

Back