• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina (-5) at Wake - 8:00 ESPNU

First time I remember the refs were clearly on our side against Carolina.

I thought Bill was going to get ejected for coming off the bench and into the scramble. Not sure why he didn't. In the NBA he would've missed next game too.

Because it was a technical per the box score.

But if it were dead ball it occurred after the tie up. Carolina is awarded the jump ball (arrow switches)...elbow...technical. No?

First time I remember the refs were clearly on our side against Carolina.

I don't think that is true. There were
very few borderline calls tonight and they got just as many as we did.

How did we manage to shoot less threes and get 22 more free throw attempts?

Buzz at the podium. Look out!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-basketball/Jeff-[Redacted]-on-big-win-over-Tar-Heels-1122538

Why did Buzz keep looking down? Did he have the questions in advnce, and had notes for the answers.

Sure looked like it.

I thought of that, but as I recall he was looking down for questions that were not statistical.

He even looked down in the beginning, when he was thanking the fans.

Maybe I should watch it again.

But if it were dead ball it occurred after the tie up. Carolina is awarded the jump ball (arrow switches)...elbow...technical. No?

The arrow doesn't switch until the team actually inbounds the ball I believe. Since it never got to that point, Carolina kept the arrow

How did we manage to shoot less threes and get 22 more free throw attempts?

I think you answered your own question? Unless you were amazed the game plan was to take it inside rather than dribble around scared jacking up poor outside shots #[Redacted](tm)

I thought of that, but as I recall he was looking down for questions that were not statistical.

He even looked down in the beginning, when he was thanking the fans.

Maybe I should watch it again.

Maybe Dan can investigate. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

ESPN is stupid. In the post game article, the first line reads, "Jeff [Redacted] has spent the past three-plus seasons doing a slow-but-steady building job at Wake Forest. His Demon Deacons look like they're growing up a bit with another win against a ranked opponent -- not to mention [Redacted]'s first against Roy Williams and North Carolina."

Facepalm

The highlight video from the game is nothing but Carolina dunks with a "oh by the way, Wake won" at the end.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400502774

UNC board is THE BEST

Why recruit 5* when they get outplayed by 0*s?

Joedy McCreary ‏@JoedyAP 10h
Score of the day: The Thomas family 2, UNC 0.

Joedy McCreary ‏@JoedyAP 9h
Siblings Devin, Alyssa Thomas combine for 30 points, 23 rebounds (21 & 14 for Alyssa) today in 2 wins over UNC for @TieDyeNation & @umdwbb.

Back