• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina (-5) at Wake - 8:00 ESPNU

I definitely thought we got the whistle last night. If it happens each of the next 97 times we play UNC, I'll start to feel bad about it. Until then, we're just getting even.

The highlight videos are pretty hilarious. It really is a bunch of Carolina dunks, but that's fine. Jumping really high was about all Carolina could do last night.

They did have some ridiculous dunks.

I definitely thought we got the whistle last night. If it happens each of the next 97 times we play UNC, I'll start to feel bad about it. Until then, we're just getting even.

UNC's bigs were playing really soft. Hard to go to the line when you are just throwing up turn around baby hooks from 8' out.

IMO that's a bit LOWF. UNC didn't get favored last night, but we didn't get favored either. We were more aggressive offensively and as K used to say when they were actually more aggressive, the more aggressive team should get more calls. We earned what we got and just weren't screwed like LOWF normally does.

I also see a lot of people panning the coaching, but we got layup after layup in that game and while we were out-rebounded, UNC didn't score much off those rebounds. That doesn't happen vs a bigger opponent without a decent game plan and hustle.

This is probably a haas...but how in the dafuq did the announcers keep saying we had 11 sophomores on our team? I've never heard of 11 players in one class in the history of college basketball but they kept repeating it. 7 sophomores is already a huge, huge class, but 11 is laughable.

This is probably a haas...but how in the dafuq did the announcers keep saying we had 11 sophomores on our team? I've never heard of 11 players in one class in the history of college basketball but they kept repeating it. 7 sophomores is already a huge, huge class, but 11 is laughable.

There are 11 sophomores on the team. 8 scholarship players (this includes Daniel Green), and 3 walk-ons. Here's the roster http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/wake-m-baskbl-mtt.html

I just read Andrew Carter's story in the Noise and Disturber. He explains how Carolina blew a lot of chances to win and failed to execute. The article reads like a damning of Wake Forest for denying something to which The Goats are entitled. The Deacons didn't win; The Holes lost.

Some things never change.

The team deserves no credit for playing good defense and outsmarting a superior talent team.

The tech did slow their momentum. But McDonald should have been kicked out of the game. We've had guys ejected for less than that. But he wasn't, and then he hit a big jump shot later to keep it close.

The tech did slow their momentum. But McDonald should have been kicked out of the game. We've had guys ejected for less than that. But he wasn't, and then he hit a big jump shot later to keep it close.

Refs couldn't have enjoyed watching the reply on the monitor and seeing the part of the play where Cav did a belly flop on him, to no officiating effect. Not ejecting him had the feel of an ad hoc make-up call for just having missed a fairly evident foul during the play.

I just read Andrew Carter's story in the Noise and Disturber. He explains how Carolina blew a lot of chances to win and failed to execute. The article reads like a damning of Wake Forest for denying something to which The Goats are entitled. The Deacons didn't win; The Holes lost.

Some things never change.

Who reads the newspaper for information about sports?

Refs couldn't have enjoyed watching the reply on the monitor and seeing the part of the play where Cav did a belly flop on him, to no officiating effect. Not ejecting him had the feel of an ad hoc make-up call for just having missed a fairly evident foul during the play.

And the refs immediately dinged Devin for a bullshit makeup call the next time down the court.

Back