• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catholic Church Thread

It's stunning how this is such a major news story. It never fails to amaze me just how much of a fuck is given by anyone about these things. But then I remember that there's a large herd of bovine-headed cuntbag Americans who feverishly follow all things British Royalty. It's an institution we fought a long, bloody war against and created a society specifically devoid of these things... yet they can't get enough of Britain's version of Honey-Poo-Poo.

It's stunning how this is such a major news story. It never fails to amaze me just how much of a fuck is given by anyone about these things. But then I remember that there's a large herd of bovine-headed cuntbag Americans who feverishly follow all things British Royalty. It's an institution we fought a long, bloody war against and created a society specifically devoid of these things... yet they can't get enough of Britain's version of Honey-Poo-Poo.

You are sort of contradicting yourself there. That same conflict to remove ourselves from the Monarchy was also about ensuring religious liberty.

I feel the same way about American Idol.

You are sort of contradicting yourself there. That same conflict to remove ourselves from the Monarchy was also about ensuring religious liberty.

Pilgrims emigrating to America were motivated by religious issues. However, the Revolutionary War involved religion only tangentially and it certainly was not on-par with the issues of taxation and distant rule. My point is that the Catholic Mafia has such a stain on it from the numerous, ongoing and past scandals that I am amazed that people don't reflect visceral disdain for it by not giving a shit who the pope is of a church many don't belong to or find repugnant.

Pilgrims emigrating to America were motivated by religious issues. However, the Revolutionary War involved religion only tangentially and it certainly was not on-par with the issues of taxation and distant rule. My point is that the Catholic Mafia has such a stain on it from the numerous, ongoing and past scandals that I am amazed that people don't reflect visceral disdain for it by not giving a shit who the pope is of a church many don't belong to or find repugnant.

I get how you feel that way, but the Catholic Church is doing some good in the world.

I get how you feel that way, but the Catholic Church is doing some good in the world.

The crime rate in Ozone Park Queens plummeted while John Gotti was in power with the Gambinos. He held neighborhood cook-outs, had fireworks for July 4th, and would always help out his neighbors in need.

Whoaa whoaa

I'm sure the CC will pick a progressive reformer. Or just a person of color with the same backwards views but it'll look better. Either one, really.

The crime rate in Ozone Park Queens plummeted while John Gotti was in power with the Gambinos. He held neighborhood cook-outs, had fireworks for July 4th, and would always help out his neighbors in need.

Fair enough.

Rjkarl,

This is twinandben and me.

Second, what pics, since I've never posted any?

Third, didn't you swear I was on ignore? Why are you posting?

As always, as you are fascinated with me if you ever come at an actual football game and say you won't sue, I'll happily beat the shit out of you.

Whatever happened to this crazy SOB?

I like this from his profile page:

0 Friends
mfdeacs99 has not made any friends yet

Fair enough.

Obviously I get what you're saying. My wariness comes from pondering at what point does a "good" entity have to answer for the "bad" it does. I know there are thousands of people who directly benefit from Catholic- and other religious- charities. But the institutionalized blind-eye and cover-ups while children were knowingly victimized just outweigh all of that. And I'd take a Taliban or al-Queda nutjob over the wolf-in-priest's-garb Catholic clergy any day. At least with the former, you know you're dealing with a fucking psychopath. They don't really try to hide it.

Since they need a Pope and I like Italian food, maybe I could be the interim guy until they choose a full time replacement.

Since they need a Pope and I like Italian food, maybe I could be the interim guy until they choose a full time replacement.

You'll have your hands full taking over for Moonz once he too, like the papist he is, steps down here.

Obviously I get what you're saying. My wariness comes from pondering at what point does a "good" entity have to answer for the "bad" it does. I know there are thousands of people who directly benefit from Catholic- and other religious- charities. But the institutionalized blind-eye and cover-ups while children were knowingly victimized just outweigh all of that. And I'd take a Taliban or al-Queda nutjob over the wolf-in-priest's-garb Catholic clergy any day. At least with the former, you know you're dealing with a fucking psychopath. They don't really try to hide it.

I don't disagree with this. I just think it's not the Catholics tuning in to their TV's or flocking to St. Peter's Square that are necessarily the problem, but the folks inside the walls of the Vatican and standing on the balcony. You seemed to be directing your ire toward the sheep, not the shepherds if that makes sense.

I don't disagree with this. I just think it's not the Catholics tuning in to their TV's or flocking to St. Peter's Square that are necessarily the problem, but the folks inside the walls of the Vatican and standing on the balcony. You seemed to be directing your ire toward the sheep, not the shepherds if that makes sense.

Oh I direct it at them all. First, it's the dolts in this country who aren't Catholic who still get caught up in Pope Mania. Then it's the "sheep" (though unlike sheep, these people voluntarily follow and tithe this church) who remain devoted to the church despite the vile and criminal acts it's perpetrated. As for the capo regime of priests, nuns, bishops, cardinals, and the dons themselves, I do have not much more than utter contempt and revulsion at them for continuing to cover-up and abide these predators. All to save face and protect the almighty dollar.

Did you know the pope's cute red shoes are Prada?

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/02/us/dolan-sought-vatican-permission-to-shield-assets.html?_r=0

Files released by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Milwaukee on Monday reveal that in 2007, Cardinal Timothy F. Dolan, then the archbishop there, requested permission from the Vatican to move nearly $57 million into a cemetery trust fund to protect the assets from victims of clergy sexual abuse who were demanding compensation.

Cardinal Dolan, now the archbishop of New York, has emphatically denied seeking to shield church funds as the archbishop of Milwaukee from 2002 to 2009. He reiterated in a statement Monday that these were “old and discredited attacks.”

However, the files contain a 2007 letter to the Vatican in which he explains that by transferring the assets, “I foresee an improved protection of these funds from any legal claim and liability.” The Vatican approved the request in five weeks, the files show.

I miss people threatening to fight each other irl

I miss people threatening to fight each other irl
was it mfdeacs99 doing it in this thread? He just did the same shit on the 247 board recently. Told somebody he'd take a swing at him if he saw him in real life.

Back