• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catholic Church Thread

Originally Posted by mfdeacs99
Rjkarl,

This is twinandben and me.

Second, what pics, since I've never posted any?

Third, didn't you swear I was on ignore? Why are you posting?

As always, as you are fascinated with me if you ever come at an actual football game and say you won't sue, I'll happily beat the shit out of you.

Dude, you got issues. A grown man and a lawyer threatening to fight people? Give me a break.

mf isn't a very good lawyer. He wasn't able to deduce that when I saw LK making a point about and thought he was a participant that it was proof I DIDN'T see what MF had posted.

From what I saw it was LK and mf not TAB and mf.

BSD, would such terroristic threats be proper to be reported to a state bar associations? Isn't threatening to commit assault and bodily harm against the rules?

Mf just seems to be following Christ's example. One of my favorite verses is when Jesus is dying on the cross and he Romans and Jewish bystanders are mocking him. He replies:

"when I get down off this cross I am going to beat the shit out of you".

Just beautiful poetry of love in motion. Years later some ignoramus substituted an alternate interpretation of the Greek:

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

But I prefer the original translation that Mf is basing his reaction on.

now that's funny Wrangor....here's the fake pos rep for you like the one you promised me :)

Mf just seems to be following Christ's example. One of my favorite verses is when Jesus is dying on the cross and he Romans and Jewish bystanders are mocking him. He replies:

"when I get down off this cross I am going to beat the shit out of you and then pay my taxes to the Romans who hung me up here".

Just beautiful poetry of love in motion. Years later some ignoramus substituted an alternate interpretation of the Greek:

Years later some wag replaced the bolded part with "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's." The original translation is what the heathens use today.

I wonder what mf's State Bar Association and police department will think about his threats.

Maybe making him responsible for acting this way is the only to get him to stop.

Did neighbors complaining about you smelly apartment, strange behavior and unkempt appearance have any effect on you?

Crazy gonna crazy.

I wonder what mf's State Bar Association and police department will think about his threats.

Maybe making him responsible for acting this way is the only to get him to stop.

As someone who long ago had some jackass contact his company and point out that I was posting on a political forum, don't go there. It's just wrong to try and fuck with someone's job over this crap.

Dream on Deac wins the weak sauce sarcastic attempt to derail a thread award. Don't try to jump on my joke bandwagon with a weak attempt like that. Get your own material.

"when I get down off this cross I am going to beat the shit out of you".

WINNER! Have to spread rep before giving it to Wrangor again... but that was awesome.

Years later some wag replaced the bolded part with "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's." The original translation is what the heathens use today.

Fail.

Dream on Deac wins the weak sauce sarcastic attempt to derail a thread award. Don't try to jump on my joke bandwagon with a weak attempt like that. Get your own material.

I knew it was fairly weak, I just could not resist.

Is anyone interested in getting back to the Catholic Church topic? If so, I have been interested recently in the Catholic Church approach to marriage. I have a good friend who is a very staunch Catholic and he has a facebook post every other day with some far-right Catholic blogger's take on contraception or same-sex marriage. My observation is that this segment of the Catholic blogosphere, which parrots the official Vatican line, is completely obsessed with sex. The big claim is that (1) the whole point of marriage is kids, and (2) any sexual activity that is entered into while having kids is impossible (gay sex) or actively avoided (contraception) is sinful, and so therefore (3) contraception, even within marriage, is immoral and should ideally be outlawed (see, e.g. Venezuela and Uganda) and (4) gay relationships should not be recognized by society because the way they do sex is sinful.

It seems to me that this whole approach reduces marriage to a contract about sex. By this logic, the billions of married couples who engage in sex using contraception are no more entitled to be legally married than a gay couple, because sex to get kids is the whole rationale for marriage in the first place. It totally ignores that humans seem to be genetically programmed to want to pair off with a member of the opposite sex and do life together. That usually (but not always) means sex and kids, yes, but it also means a whole range of economic and emotional support for your partner.

I guess I can understand why a whole bunch of celibate dudes would be obsessed with sex, but the whole philosophy is just completely out of line with my own personal experiences of how healthy marital relationships work in the real world.

Catholic priests talking about marriage and sex (at least consensual, non-young boy sex) is akin to Muslim clerics speaking about women's rights.

Is anyone interested in getting back to the Catholic Church topic? If so, I have been interested recently in the Catholic Church approach to marriage. I have a good friend who is a very staunch Catholic and he has a facebook post every other day with some far-right Catholic blogger's take on contraception or same-sex marriage. My observation is that this segment of the Catholic blogosphere, which parrots the official Vatican line, is completely obsessed with sex. The big claim is that (1) the whole point of marriage is kids, and (2) any sexual activity that is entered into while having kids is impossible (gay sex) or actively avoided (contraception) is sinful, and so therefore (3) contraception, even within marriage, is immoral and should ideally be outlawed (see, e.g. Venezuela and Uganda) and (4) gay relationships should not be recognized by society because the way they do sex is sinful.

It seems to me that this whole approach reduces marriage to a contract about sex. By this logic, the billions of married couples who engage in sex using contraception are no more entitled to be legally married than a gay couple, because sex to get kids is the whole rationale for marriage in the first place. It totally ignores that humans seem to be genetically programmed to want to pair off with a member of the opposite sex and do life together. That usually (but not always) means sex and kids, yes, but it also means a whole range of economic and emotional support for your partner.

I guess I can understand why a whole bunch of celibate dudes would be obsessed with sex, but the whole philosophy is just completely out of line with my own personal experiences of how healthy marital relationships work in the real world.

The real question is this though, does he threaten to fight those that disagree with him? If so, your friend may be MF. Run.

Back