• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

My biggest question re: the collector is what happened to the Aether? I recall the Agardians giving it to him at the end of Dark World. After that place went boom, what happened to it?

My biggest question re: the collector is what happened to the Aether? I recall the Agardians giving it to him at the end of Dark World. After that place went boom, what happened to it?

Also was there a dark elf in a cage when they first walked in?

yes, there was; they showed him twice

really enjoyed it, definitely left wishing i could watch another GotG movie soon. Pratt is so good.

I suspect this was not a casual omission.

I suspect this was not a casual omission.

To say there are a lot of things to cover in Age of Ultron is an understatement. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, and Cap 2 all left some loose ends and plot points to cover. Guardians didn't cover answer any of them. Ant-Man probably won't. So either Age of Ultron tells us the deal with Loki/Odin and the location of the Aether and Cap's pursuit of Bucky or somehow it's mixed into Agents of SHIELD or left for Phase 3.

Guardians of the Galaxy had no set up and was executed almost perfectly. Age of Ultron is going to have a ton of set up. Then we go to Ant-Man which will likely have no set up.

Saw it tonight. They kept teasing me with Cosmo. Hope he has a role in the sequel.

That does it. That enough. No more Mr. Nice Dog. Now Cosmo will hurt everyone.

tumblr_n9nw4qNRHl1rpc5kho2_500.gif

I'm anxious to see a breakdown of the Collector's ship. Gunn has promised that it's chock full of goodies. I'll probably have to wait for the home release for a thorough analysis though.

Complaints, from a fan-boy perspective.

Yondu was basically "Merle blue himself and goes to space" instead of comics Yondu, who is more of a Zen warrior than a mercenary bounty hunter type.

Though I loved, LOVED seeing the cosmic heavy hitters (Watchers and Celestials) if only for a second, it annoyed me to no end that Celestials in the MCU seem to need an Infinity Gem to destroy a planet. They most certainly do not. That's their job.

I just get more and more bummed out that the Silver Surfer and Galactus are missing out on the good times in the MCU while they're stuck in Foxland.

That's it for complaints, and they're minor in the grand scheme of things. When I first heard the announcement of this movie my first thought certainly was "Here we go, Marvel's going for the oversaturation grab bag just like they did in the early 90s with comics" but no, they delivered, in a huge way.

It's unclear to me which studio owns Annihilus. I'm going to guess Marvel since he falls into the category of "everybody else" on this chart http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/ despite being primarily a FF foe. If so, I'd love to see Annihilation brought to the big screen. I'm also guessing that Adam Warlock belongs to Marvel Studios based on that same logic plus the fact that his cocoon was seen in the Collector's ship at the end of Thor 2.

ETA: Another complaint, I had the same complaint for Thor Dark World - the big bad was mostly generic. I doubt the movie-goer would be able to respond to "So tell me about Ronan" with any more depth than "he had a big hammer and talked in a menacingly modulated voice." I know in the grand scheme of things for MCU he's an errand boy for the true big big bad, but I do think as this movie's main foe, he deserved more fleshing out.

Last edited:
My guess is that when we get to Sequel, it'll be all about Thanos in his quest to acquire all six stones and the Guardians attempt to stop him...which will fail and lead in to Avengers 3.

Weekend projections putting Guardians at $94 million...which smashes the previous record for August by about $25 million. The Winter Soldier did $95 million, so there is a chance that when the final tally comes in on Monday that Guardians will have beaten Cap with an August release (a month studios don't typically expect much).

That's just incredible.

Of course, Cap 2 set the record for an April release.

Just anecdotally, this movie is huge. My pastor raved about it on Facebook and others and church were talking about it. People I knew who weren't planning on seeing it were getting excited by word of mouth. I wouldn't be too shocked if it beat TMNT next week. It's supposedly projecting lower than all the other TMNT movies.

Seriously, go see Guardians of the Galaxy. Seriously. (SPOILERS)

I totally forgot Cap was an April release. In my head I was thinking it was a May release.

Marvel is so untouchable right now.

Speaking of pressure...how much is DC feeling the heat right now? Marvel just crushed it with a B-Level property that 99% of people had never heard of before this weekend.

Seriously, go see Guardians of the Galaxy. Seriously. (SPOILERS)

Disney is rolling. Pixar is the weak link at this point.

B-level is very generous. More like E or F. This is a property some comic geeks weren't even aware of. DC has to back off the head to head with Cap 3. It's the first Phase 3 movie featuring an Avenger. It would make $100M easy opening weekend without the competition. There won't be any "wait and see" hesitation about it. Marvel can play chicken. They have nothing to lose if they only make $50-60M opening weekend. DC has everything to lose if Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman isn't a huge hit.

Last edited:
Yeah. I was hyping GotG to my coworkers on Wednesday and none of them knew what I was talking about. The closest anyone got was "that thing with the raccoon," and I had to explain why it wasn't going to be a lame kids movie.

For Marvel to turn that level of awareness into a $95MM opening weekend is insane. You hear a lot of people say things like "How many people knew about Iron Man before the movie?" but this is a whole other ballgame.

I really liked the Yondu character and especially his weapon. Was surprised to find out how much they changed from the comics.

I'm anxious to see a breakdown of the Collector's ship. Gunn has promised that it's chock full of goodies. I'll probably have to wait for the home release for a thorough analysis though.

Complaints, from a fan-boy perspective.

Yondu was basically "Merle blue himself and goes to space" instead of comics Yondu, who is more of a Zen warrior than a mercenary bounty hunter type.

I just get more and more bummed out that the Silver Surfer and Galactus are missing out on the good times in the MCU while they're stuck in Foxland.

That's it for complaints, and they're minor in the grand scheme of things. When I first heard the announcement of this movie my first thought certainly was "Here we go, Marvel's going for the oversaturation grab bag just like they did in the early 90s with comics" but no, they delivered, in a huge way.

It's unclear to me which studio owns Annihilus. I'm going to guess Marvel since he falls into the category of "everybody else" on this chart http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-movies-characters-carl-6766/ despite being primarily a FF foe. If so, I'd love to see Annihilation brought to the big screen. I'm also guessing that Adam Warlock belongs to Marvel Studios based on that same logic plus the fact that his cocoon was seen in the Collector's ship at the end of Thor 2.

Why do they not have Galactus rights? And why wouldn't they have Annihilus?

My guess is that when we get to Sequel, it'll be all about Thanos in his quest to acquire all six stones and the Guardians attempt to stop him...which will fail and lead in to Avengers 3.

I think this is good guess

I really liked the Yondu character and especially his weapon. Was surprised to find out how much they changed from the comics.

I felt like there were quite a few characters they changed. Some I'm sure due to the MCU the studios have built vs comics. And they weren't bad changes, but they were there

Why do they not have Galactus rights? And why wouldn't they have Annihilus?

I think this is good guess

I felt like there were quite a few characters they changed. Some I'm sure due to the MCU the studios have built vs comics. And they weren't bad changes, but they were there

Galactus and Silver Surfer are with the FF rights.

Back