• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Pretty lame when your girl controls magnetism. But I guess you can help her see stuff.

Bump for The Gifted.

Gifted premier was not bad. May not hold up but I expected not to think much of it.

I really enjoyed it. I'm afraid that it won't hold up but I think they're off to a solid start.

Inhumans wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I think that was largely due to all the bad press it got ahead of time.

The bad:

Medusa and Karnak are not cast very well. Crystal seems very generic but I'm not sure how I feel about her yet. Medusa's hair was just not done very well, I'm kind of glad Ramsey Bolton shaved her. The plot is generic and predictable.

The good:
Ramsey Bolton is terrific. I was really afraid that after Game of Thrones I wouldn't be able to see him as anything other than super creepy but he's playing the part very well. Black Bolt is also doing a good job acting without speaking.

Overall, the show is ok. It's not Gotham bad but I'd say the Gifted is way better. I'll keep watching.

That's interesting. I was expecting mid-Nov anyway.

Marvel's Runaways Trailer (Hulu original)

Justice League Trailer

It's too bad that the reveal about the parents for Runaways is given not only early, but in the trailer. I get that it's been out there for years, but I do remember how cool it was when I read the comic. I had been expecting standard teen angst, like any of the X teams not including the originals, but the evil parents reveal sucked me in all those years ago.

I enjoyed "The Gifted" more than expected I would. Again, probably because I was just expecting teen angst based on 80-90s early X books. That was present, but not omnipresent.

My excitement for JL took a step back with that trailer. It's still moderately high, but instead of moving the needle up, it went down just a smidge.

I'm dropping "Lucifer" this year, based on my guiding principle that if I'm watching out of a sense of obligation, it's time to move on. Not that it got bad, I'm just sorta over it. I'm trending to that direction with "Preacher" too. The season finale is still unwatched and might stay that way for a little while what with the new Fall season starting up.

Last edited:
The Flash had a very Flash-like return. Again.

So a new speedster and a little time travel.

It was getting tough to care last season. Add the gifted showing some early season promise and flash might be on a short leash.

Back