• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

My previous post didn't fully explain the greatness that is Korg, who is easily the funniest side character in the MCU universe. "Piss off, ghost!"

I laughed awkwardly loud at that line in the theater. One of those everyone else chuckles and you roar moments. Whoops.

CBM: Thor: Ragnarok - $121M opening weekend (spoilers)

The "Dez" and "Troy" line by Skurge told me that this film was going to be hilarious.

Apparently Feige announced that Korg will be in a future film.

Last edited:

Big, if true. I don't mean that sardonically either. That would save the FF and allow existing franchises to utilize some key ancillary characters, like Annihilus for the Guardians.

On the other hand, the X-Men and its world would be too much. I foresee AvX style clunky crossovers galore if there's any attempt at integrating mutants into the MCU. Wolverine through some portal to cross realities, fine, but en masse, no thanks.

Civil War is lots of fun and a good movie, but I think a lot of that is just because the size and spectacle. Also, not that big of a fan of Zemo and his plot is kind of nonsensical.

Winter Soldier is like a legit old school spy movie but with just Captain America and Black Widow added. Strongest themes and plot for me. It also has some of my favorite action set pieces in the entire MCU that don't rely on just sheer size (Fury getting ambushed in his SUV, Cap getting surrounded in elevator and escaping SHIELD) and Winter Soldier was a great mysterious foil and Robert Redford is a boss. Also, this is relatively minor but the score is freaking awesome.

Agree with all of this. Winter Soldier continues to be my favorite Marvel movie so far. Headed to see Thor tonight, really looking forward to it.

The "Dez" and "Troy" line by Skurge told me that this film was going to be hilarious.

Apparently Feige announced that Korg will be in a future film.

Yeah he also mentioned he bought them in Texas. Bad luck on timing but funny line.

Yeah he also mentioned he bought them in Texas. Bad luck on timing but funny line.

Hadn't thought about the timing but it was a subtle critique on gun culture that would also play as a glorification of Texas culture.

So badass.
23405731_1533452966708248_1081341757710693190_o.jpg

So there is an Arrowverse crossover starting November 27, "Crisis on Earth-X."

I think all the shows are finding their way now. Flash is pretty meh, but I definitely like Iris as the boss of Team Flash. It's kinda like a wife managing her husband's company. It makes sense. I like that Killer Frost is a more constant presence on the show, but I'm not sure I that one blacks out while the other is active. It was better more as a power Caitlin couldn't control.

Supergirl is fine. The breakup went pretty well. Makes sense for Alex as a character even though the whole thing was kind of contrived. She was going to marry the first out lesbian she really got to know? C'mon. The James-Lena dynamic is solid.

Arrow has stuck with the current Oliver situation longer than expected. They could be going to a promising place this season. We'll see.

The last Legends was a nice play on ET. It really showed off the promise of this show and it's wacky approach.

Is Ragnarok safe for 9 and 12 year olds? Someone told me there was a lot of vulgar humor. I thought GOTG2 had a few too many sex jokes for my 9 YO but then again, it was a movie centering around a horny god impregnating thousands of aliens.

The humor was more vulgar than GOTG2.

Disney is indeed moving the Marvel Netflix shows to their streaming service.

http://www.slashfilm.com/no-more-new-marvel-netflix-shows/

Looks like I'll be enjoying these on some server from Tonga. At least Disney is adding other content, like a Star Wars show, unlike CBS which gives you Star Trek and then the usual CBS dreck.

Is Ragnarok safe for 9 and 12 year olds? Someone told me there was a lot of vulgar humor. I thought GOTG2 had a few too many sex jokes for my 9 YO but then again, it was a movie centering around a horny god impregnating thousands of aliens.

If you want to explain to your 9 year old what an orgy is feel free.

Me watching last night's Arrow:

The Slade storyline: :rock::geek::thumbsup:
The other storyline: :rolleyes::mad::sick:

The other storyline was fine. The Slade one was awesome. Rare instance where I had no idea the show was about to end. So happy that's going to be a story arc.

Arrow has been good this season. It’s come back strong. The Flash is trending the other direction. The “Girls Night Out” episode was pretty bad, although I like Dibney and drunk Barry.

Early reviews seem to confirm what we’ve know for a while on JL. The actors do a good job, but the story is just a mess.

Back