• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I see Doom as more of a Loki level bad.

As in we are going to see him starring in several films. They aren’t going to just tease him over several movies to set him up for a big team up.

Kang would be an awesome Thanos level villain. Doom certainly has that potential but given that he exists on Earth, it's a bit different.

My wild guess for what happens over the next 10+ years is we finally get Namor, Reed, Professor X introduced into the MCU, some version of the Illuminati which would include those three plus Strange, Danvers and T'challa (also meaning we haven't seen the last of the Infinity Stones), along with confirmation via the Spidey trailers that there is a multiverse. Doom becomes a bad that appears over multiple properties (though primarly as a foil to Reed, who becomes a big, big part of the MCU) and this all leads to the Beyonder, Secret Wars and God Emperor Doom. Bonus prediction: Scarlet Witch becomes a much bigger part of things as she realizes her reality warping powers.

My wild guess for what happens over the next 10+ years is we finally get Namor, Reed, Professor X introduced into the MCU, some version of the Illuminati which would include those three plus Strange, Danvers and T'challa (also meaning we haven't seen the last of the Infinity Stones), along with confirmation via the Spidey trailers that there is a multiverse. Doom becomes a bad that appears over multiple properties (though primarly as a foil to Reed, who becomes a big, big part of the MCU) and this all leads to the Beyonder, Secret Wars and God Emperor Doom. Bonus prediction: Scarlet Witch becomes a much bigger part of things as she realizes her reality warping powers.

This would be amazing

Bold prediction if that happens -- Reed Richards cannot do anything but suck in any movie that attempts to be even semi-serious. Stretchy arms and legs is always comical/campy and his superpower is way too lame for a big, important role.

Bold prediction if that happens -- Reed Richards cannot do anything but suck in any movie that attempts to be even semi-serious. Stretchy arms and legs is always comical/campy and his superpower is way too lame for a big, important role.

In the comics, Reed is as big a figure as Stark or Rogers. He towers over the entire Marvel universe, and the relationship between he and Doom is as fierce as any in comic lore. Find the right actor to portray him the way RDJ and Evans portrayed theirs, and that character can be the biggest figure in the next phase of the MCU, too.

And that's not even to mention Sue Storm who is the matriarch of the Marvel universe. Her and Reed's relationship is every bit as important as Reed and Doom's is.

I guess what I'm saying is for the MCU to stick the post original six era, they absolutely HAVE to get the Fantastic Four right.

Marvel has the luxury of waiting as long as they want to introduce the FF. I wouldn't be shocked if FF are in Phase 5 or 6.

https://www.cnet.com/news/eight-marvel-movies-coming-by-end-of-2022-disney-says/

In its adjusted release schedule for the next few years, Disney revealed Tuesday that we'll have eight new Marvel movies by the end of 2022. We'll be seeing two in 2020 (on May 1 and Nov. 6); three in 2021 (on Feb. 12, May 7 and Nov. 5); and three in 2022 (Feb. 18, May 6 and July 29).It's highly likely these movies will include a Black Panther sequel, a solo Black Widow movie, the second Dr. Strange outing, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3, Shang-Chi and Eternals.

One of the 2020 films is probably Black Widow. Guessing the other is Eternals.

Feb 12, 2021 is pretty much guaranteed to be Black Panther 2.

Last edited:
Marvel has the luxury of waiting as long as they want to introduce the FF. I wouldn't be shocked if FF are in Phase 5 or 6.

https://www.cnet.com/news/eight-marvel-movies-coming-by-end-of-2022-disney-says/

In its adjusted release schedule for the next few years, Disney revealed Tuesday that we'll have eight new Marvel movies by the end of 2022. We'll be seeing two in 2020 (on May 1 and Nov. 6); three in 2021 (on Feb. 12, May 7 and Nov. 5); and three in 2022 (Feb. 18, May 6 and July 29).It's highly likely these movies will include a Black Panther sequel, a solo Black Widow movie, the second Dr. Strange outing, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3, Shang-Chi and Eternals.

One of the 2020 films is probably Black Widow. Guessing the other is Eternals.

Feb 12, 2021 is pretty much guaranteed to be Black Panther 2.

What do the phases correspond to, Ph?

I think that was just Ph's way of saying that he wouldn't be surprised if a FF introduction didn't happen for 12+ movies down the line.

Which would be a mistake, IMO.

I think that was just Ph's way of saying that he wouldn't be surprised if a FF introduction didn't happen for 12+ movies down the line.

Which would be a mistake, IMO.

It really would. I guess you have to read comics to understand their importance, but F4 (and Reed/Susan, in particular) are just so important to most of the more enticing events left on the table after Infinity War.

It really would. I guess you have to read comics to understand their importance, but F4 (and Reed/Susan, in particular) are just so important to most of the more enticing events left on the table after Infinity War.

in fairness, wasn't Reed pretty important (in the comics) to a lot of the MCU events up to and including Infinity War?

I'm thinking FF won't be stand alone in phase 4 with the movies already announced. That covers the next 2 - 4 years probably. Though there is likely another movie or two that have yet to be announced that would take us towards year 5.

in fairness, wasn't Reed pretty important (in the comics) to a lot of the MCU events up to and including Infinity War?

Yeah, but I just mean insofar as you can't have Secret War in any capacity without Reed. I don't think there is a character in MCU who could harness the power of the Beyonders and repair the multiverse. I don't know, I would have to five back into some of these older events to see if the same applies. From memory, though, I don't think Reed has been this important/essential/irreplaceable to previous events.

Kevin Feige and crew just executed a brilliant 11 year plan. Now I’m sure they came up with some stuff on the fly but they did have a pretty solid plan for where they would be in 2019 as far back as at least 2010.

The Fox deal was just completed less than two months ago. They definitely charted out Phase 4 without Fox. No way they’d be making Shang Chi and Eternals if they were planning on using FF and the X-Men.

It’s one thing to fit Spidey into Civil War. It’s another thing to figure out how to build around FF.

Yeah, but I just mean insofar as you can't have Secret War in any capacity without Reed. I don't think there is a character in MCU who could harness the power of the Beyonders and repair the multiverse. I don't know, I would have to five back into some of these older events to see if the same applies. From memory, though, I don't think Reed has been this important/essential/irreplaceable to previous events.

IIRC, in the past they've just expanded Stark or Banner's roles to cover Reed's contributions.

You're right that that probs wouldn't be possible in Secret War, especially without Tony.

Reed and the FF were pretty significant in most decades (most of the best high level cosmic villains were originally FF villains) until about the 2000's (or post Onslaught). Ironically enough they became super important again in the 2010's during the events of New Avengers and Secret Wars mostly because Marvel wanted to shelve them until they got the rights back, so there was a grand exit for Reed and Sue at the end of that storyline.

Back