• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

So what's Sony planning?

"I've already told you what I heard about Sinister Six- that it could feature Spidey teaming up with the villains in a Dirty Dozen style story, and that it might serve as the softest of reboots for the franchise, allowing Sony to simply drop away the specifics of the Amazings and keep the character we already know - but I've also heard about another Spiderverse team movie. A team movie that is based on an original concept not drawn from the comics.

We heard that Sony has plans for a female Spidey character to get her own movie, but what if the plans were for all the female Spidey characters to come together in one movie? That's the premise of the project they're calling Glass Ceiling (likely not the actual title) - a team-up movie that would bring the female Spidey characters together.

There are not a ton of female superheroes that would be part of the Spider-Man package. The ones that spring immediately to mind are:

The Black Cat

Silver Sable

Spider-Girl

Silk"

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/30/...does-it-have-to-do-with-the-spider-man-movie/

Last edited:
The correct answer is they have no idea. They have access to THE single most popular Marvel character ever and they're bordering on making him irrelevant because they're so directionless.

Spider-Man is not the Avengers or X-Men, where you can split up a team and give them their own features to flesh them out. Spidey is the main attraction. And while he has probably the best rogues gallery this side of Batman, those characters are only really compelling because of their connection to him. Same goes for his supporting cast.

I'm really somewhat sick watching my favorite character get half-assed by Sony.

Loki and Heimdall are in Age of Ultron.

Peggy Carter is in Ant-Man.

Marvel is really starting to integrate their casts.

I think that is less about integrating casts and more about getting stars and fan favorites into more movies

But plot lines could prove me wrong

I meant that there isn't simply a set storyline and set characters for each franchise.

If Marvel is planning to do what it seems like they're planning, that means that Age of Ultron, the season finale of AOS, and the "End" they're teasing will all be happening right around the same time.

Talk about dropping a media bomb right in the spring.

reboot in 2015?

They've been teasing over a dozen events for summer 2015, which would seem to indicate some kind of multiverse crisis-style event is happening in the spring. It seems like the 616 is the going away for at least a while.

Which, honestly, makes sense with some of the other things that have been going on lately, like the Age of Ultron, Rogue Planet, the original X-Men getting displaced in the present, etc. Lots of time displacement story lines all around the different books.

Sony considering bringing back Gwen Stacy for the Clone Saga in Spider-Man 3?

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/04/gwen-stacy-rumored-to-return-in-amazing-spider-man-3/

Are they trying to destroy the franchise? Because doing a movie version of one of the Top 5 most hated Spider-Man stories would probably finish the job.

*vomit*

Fitting, though. Marvel didn't have any endgame or clear vision when it started that mess and neither does Sony.

That was a really weird time for Marvel. We could have a fun thread on all the weird late 90's story lines they had going.

Remember when The Cape and later season Heroes were the best we could do for superhero shows?

Remember when The Cape and later season Heroes were the best we could do for superhero shows?

Until you watch Arrow, you aren't allowed to talk about superhero TV's golden age on this thread.

Please, don't make me go back to M.A.N.T.I.S.

Not to namedrop, but I used to correspond with one of the show's creators (a huge UVA fan and high level recruiting junkie). Networks execs added new members because the show wasn't white enough "too ethnic" I think they said.

Please, don't make me go back to M.A.N.T.I.S.

Not to namedrop, but I used to correspond with one of the show's creators (a huge UVA fan and high level recruiting junkie). Networks execs added new members because the show wasn't white enough "too ethnic" I think they said.

On which show?

Ah, okay. I couldn't tell if you were talking about it or one of the current shows. But I guess none of the other shows would make sense as being too ethnic.

I remember liking that show, but I was still kinda young when it was on. Might not have held up well.

I vaguely remember hearing about it. 1994 was my freshman year at Wake. I don't think I watched any TV that wasn't sports that year.

Back