• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Just finished The Flash myself and it lived up to my (admittedly, I'm a huge Flash fan) expectations for a pilot. Without spoiling anything, it did a good job touching the comic universe as well as the Arrow universe. I'm very excited to see where they can take the character.

It's gotten little buzz on this thread, but Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is getting great, not good, great reviews so far. 92% RT, but that doesn't reflect the enthusiasm I've seen in the reviews I've read.

It's gotten little buzz on this thread, but Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is getting great, not good, great reviews so far. 92% RT, but that doesn't reflect the enthusiasm I've seen in the reviews I've read.

I really enjoyed the first one of this iteration. Looking forward to this one.

I really enjoyed the first one of this iteration. Looking forward to this one.

I liked the trailer where they explain that apes don't need electricity or heat and that is what makes them stronger. What I don't like is why they seem to have randomly thrown in a virus that wipes out half the planet or some mess. But as was mentioned before, it's sitting on a 100 right now on Metacritc.

Also, did anyone else get chills seeing Gandolfini in that "The Drop" trailer?

Last edited:
I liked the trailer where they explain that apes don't need electricity or heat and that is what makes them stronger. What I don't like is why they seem to have randomly thrown in a virus that wipes out half the planet or some mess. But as was mentioned before, it's sitting on a 100 right now on Metacritc.

Also, did anyone else get chills seeing Gandolfini in that "The Drop" trailer?

The virus isn't random at all, that's how the prior movie ends.

you forgot about the whole plot of the first movie?

I didn't realize/forgot the virus killed humans. Some how I missed the scene where according to wikipedia:

Hunsiker—having been infected by Franklin—leaves his house for work as an airline pilot, arriving at San Francisco International Airport for his flight to Paris. His nose begins to drip blood onto the floor. A graphic traces the spread of the humanity-killing virus to Europe and then around the globe via international airline flight routes.

Last edited:
I didn't realize/forgot the virus killed humans. Some how I missed the scene where according to wikipedia:

Hunsiker—having been infected by Franklin—leaves his house for work as an airline pilot, arriving at San Francisco International Airport for his flight to Paris. His nose begins to drip blood onto the floor. A graphic traces the spread of the humanity-killing virus to Europe and then around the globe via international airline flight routes.

i mean, humans are smart but i'm not sure that a tiny proto-population would've conquered the dinosaurs without them being wiped out by a cataclysm

These ape movies are super dumb. Even if a virus wiped out half of the humans, Its not like a 5 sick AF pilots couldn't send a half a dozen drones to Marin to kill a bunch of apes. So dumb.

well, based on the trailer and the end of the first movie, the apes just wanted to be left alone and probably created their own society while humans were decimated. i'm guessing way more than half die during the plague. why would the humans commit sentient ape genocide if they were off on their own?

TMNT, Transformers, summer movie news (superhero media thread)

I didn't pay attention to the first movie at all so forgive me. Is this a prequel to the original, a prequel to the remake, or a standalone franchise?

I didn't pay attention to the first movie at all so forgive me. Is this a prequel to the original, a prequel to the remake, or a standalone franchise?

this is a sequel to the re-reboot, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. it's not connected to the original franchise nor Tim Burton's stupid version

this is a sequel to the re-reboot, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. it's not connected to the original franchise nor Tim Burton's stupid version

So a standalone franchise. Thanks. But these movies clearly cover the origin of the planet of the apes.

BTW

Don't go see Transformers. Its LOLbad. I got to see it for free, that was prob worth every penny.

Back