• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBSSports.com Top 100 College Bball Players

Dexter Strickland is the only heel who I don't think should be on that list. McKie is a much better player.

Wait, they rated Strickland ahead of McKie? :rofl:

Hoooookayyyyyyy!

They probably just can't remember who's left on our team, or if we still play Div 1.

I still can't get over Anthony Davis' unibrow

img15755676.jpg

Mckie's omission is an egregious error to say the least. There are only 12 players from the ACC, 9 of which play for UNC and Duke.

Durand Scott, CJ Leslie, and Mike Scott are the other ACCers.

Basketball Prospectus did a top 100 list this summer, they probably take these things more seriously and do them better, and they had Travis at #93. Strickland wasn't on the list.

93. Travis McKie, Wake Forest (So., SF)
One of the more entertaining human beings in college basketball, McKie was the main bright spot on an extremely young Wake Forest team in 2011. He's solid across the board, though he could do with improving his three-point shooting.

Boy there are really not that many really good players.

When you've got guys with very mediocre offensive game around the top 10...wow.

Boy there are really not that many really good players.

When you've got guys with very mediocre offensive game around the top 10...wow.

disagree... there are more good players in the college game now than in the past few years, without a doubt

disagree... there are more good players in the college game now than in the past few years, without a doubt

That really doesn't say very much.

Guy that averaged 7 a game last year is in their top 10 players. John Henson shoots free throws worse than I do, and yes Shaq got away with it but there aren't many guys like Shaq at any level ever.

Just don't see a lot of great players there.

That really doesn't say very much.

Guy that averaged 7 a game last year is in their top 10 players. John Henson shoots free throws worse than I do, and yes Shaq got away with it but there aren't many guys like Shaq at any level ever.

Just don't see a lot of great players there.

I'm guessing you are referring to Thomas Robinson from Kansas, who averaged over 7 points and 6 rebounds a game in 14 minutes. With the departure of the Morris twins, he's going to be playing upwards of thirty minutes a night. When you take his averages and adjust them to account for his probable playing time, you can see why he's ranked so highly. That's also assuming he doesn't improve, which is unlikely for a rising junior.

As for there not being many good players, if you honestly looked down that list and feel that way then I don't really know what to tell you.

One basketball magazine, USAToday perhaps, rates Travis as the 3rd best player in the ACC!

They list the top 20 players. I began reading from 20 down thinking that if Travis made the list it would be between 15-20. I was amazed that they listed him 3rd...pleased, but surprised.

I'm guessing you are referring to Thomas Robinson from Kansas, who averaged over 7 points and 6 rebounds a game in 14 minutes. With the departure of the Morris twins, he's going to be playing upwards of thirty minutes a night. When you take his averages and adjust them to account for his probable playing time, you can see why he's ranked so highly. That's also assuming he doesn't improve, which is unlikely for a rising junior.

As for there not being many good players, if you honestly looked down that list and feel that way then I don't really know what to tell you.

There aren't. Look back at past drafts and tell me the quality is there. The last several years in college basketball have been mediocre, this one looks not much different.

Good to see John Jenkins getting some top 10 props though.

There aren't. Look back at past drafts and tell me the quality is there. The last several years in college basketball have been mediocre, this one looks not much different.

Good to see John Jenkins getting some top 10 props though.

well there is no question that this year's draft will be much more talented and deeper than last year's, although that doesn't say much because of the talent that skipped out on the draft under the threat of the lockout (talent that returned to play in college this year, which is why this year will be much better than the last several seasons). This looks to be the deepest draft class since 2008, which was one of the deepest in history.

If yo uhave Andre Drummond over #5 and travis Mckie not in your top 50, you shouldn't be paid for writing about college basketball.

McKie is behind Ryan Kelly, that's all you need to know about this list: not worth reading

well there is no question that this year's draft will be much more talented and deeper than last year's, although that doesn't say much because of the talent that skipped out on the draft under the threat of the lockout (talent that returned to play in college this year, which is why this year will be much better than the last several seasons). This looks to be the deepest draft class since 2008, which was one of the deepest in history.

Agree to disagree. I see very few polished players in this list. Lot of athletes that aren't so great at basketball. Guess that's the way of the game though unfortunately. Early entry has destroyed the game...should go to a system like baseball where you're either out or you're in for 3 years or you go JUCO.

Back