• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CFB Sunday 9/1

Hello friends, long time no see.

Some stuff I've seen here on Clemson isn't so accurate.

1.) Attendance tonight. We might have broken 95,000 unofficially. Official attendance was somewhere in the mid 80's, but only half the student body got tickets... and the other half snuck in. (Me being one of them.) Also, I saw plenty of random fans sneaking in. Its not hard. Our students were all over the place: I was personally under the cameraman setup on the hill. They had a large wooden structure to get some elevation over our student section, and there were about 6 or 7 of us under it. (The cameramen actually got mad at us for cheering because "the microphones are sensitive". Fuck them.)

2.) UGA simply playing shitty: Maybe so, but its not because they're bad. You have to consider the atmosphere there. Anyone who has been to Death Valley knows that the home atmosphere is insane, and tonight we really showed it. We broke the sound record for ESPN I believe (one of my pledge brothers found it on his phone), and I can attest: It was loud as fucking hell. My buddies watching from home said they could barely hear the announcers. The other issue is that Sammy kinda shat himself tonight. Everyone knows that he wasn't mentally prepared for that atmosphere. Tajh even had some jitters, because he should never under throw screen passes like he did tonight.

Oh, and their O-Line didn't play badly: Their O-Line IS bad. Murray is going to see Clowney in his sleep tonight.

3.) Clemsoning: Hopefully it won't happen. Back in '08, we didn't have Chad Morris, and as you guys have already picked up on he runs shit on the offensive side. Dabo makes the big calls, but 99% of the gameplay seems to come from the coordinators. Dabo is more of an icon and a "father" to the team. He is VERY involved in the community, but he doesn't make very many football decisions at gametime. (He seems to provide oversight, more or less). Having Chad Morris is huge... and having Boyd back this year makes it like we have a coach on the field. The dude has a brilliant mind for the game.

Also, say what you want about our fanbase, but at least we stay past the half.

Face it, we played like a team who wants a title tonight.

Roll Damn Tigers.

Because you are not very bright if you think we will get any better than Grobe. Lobe maybe Grobe no. You can hate on Bzzz all you want, but the hate on Grobe is not deserved just for what he has done for the second most losing program in history.

This is what makes my fucking blood boil about the mentality of LOWF people. It appears that "our" expectations are so low to believe that Grobe is the best we could ever get here. I am tired of the mentality that good things cant happen here. I am tired of the mentality that we should play the season with the hopes of making a bowl game instead of the goal of winning the ACCC. What's wrong the mentality of expecting to win the ACCC every single year. "Wake Forest is a small academic school. We can't win here...Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah". Fuck you Vandy for for figuring out how to turn your atheletic mentality around. And fuck you Wellman for forcing everyone to keep the LOWF mentality.

That is all.

Let's wait until Vandy does something more than we did in 06-08 before we crown them. So far, a Music City Bowl win is the height of their football accomplishment.

That said, we aren't paying Grobe $2 million plus to rest on his past laurels.

Let's wait until Vandy does something more than we did in 06-08 before we crown them. So far, a Music City Bowl win is the height of their football accomplishment.

That said, we aren't paying Grobe $2 million plus to rest on his past laurels.

They have done something more than we have. They have accepted to start building a academic/atheletic program. We are going backwards. We are only wanting to be known as a academic program. Get rid of Wellman and get someone in here that cares about both. i agree with you in the fact that we have one of the highest paid coaches in the nation. Should be winning the accc every year with that kind of paycheck!

1. this is going to be a wide open season
2. so glad this is the last year without a playoff

That remains to be seen. Right now they are 0-1 with a home loss to an unranked team.

And we have like the 5th or 6th highest paid coach in the ACC.

That remains to be seen. Right now they are 0-1 with a home loss to an unranked team.

And we have like the 5th or 6th highest paid coach in the ACC.

True, but with a salary like that we should doing a hell of a lot better

True, but with a salary like that we should doing a hell of a lot better

see you say that but all the nerd schools with good football teams have much better endowments.

much better endowments means they have more boosters likely willing to donate to athletics, etc

The most revered were named Robert and "Stonewall".

I believe that's Virginia. SC dude would be Longstreet.

If Lee would have heeded his advice, a lot less people would have died at Gettysburg.

Last edited:
This is what makes my fucking blood boil about the mentality of LOWF people. It appears that "our" expectations are so low to believe that Grobe is the best we could ever get here. I am tired of the mentality that good things cant happen here. I am tired of the mentality that we should play the season with the hopes of making a bowl game instead of the goal of winning the ACCC. What's wrong the mentality of expecting to win the ACCC every single year. "Wake Forest is a small academic school. We can't win here...Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah". Fuck you Vandy for for figuring out how to turn your atheletic mentality around. And fuck you Wellman for forcing everyone to keep the LOWF mentality.

That is all.

Seems like I heard this sentiment when Dave Odom was the coach and when Skip Prosser was the coach and when Dino Gaudio was the coach. "We should expect more than just making the tourney......These post season losses are unacceptable with this talent....We need to expect championships...Get a better coach..." Now how is that working out for you.

There are two ways to Clemson:

1. Have a game relatively in hand before making an egregious error allowing another team to come back into it. Example: if there hadn't been a penalty on the ball that got snapped twenty yards backwards, making it second and goal from the 25. This would have pretty much ensured a field goal for Clemson providing Georgia the chance to take a 35-34 lead.

2. Lose to a team you should never lose to. Clemson has made a living doing this. 2004 at Duke (who finished 2-9), 2003 at Wake (45-17), 2005 to Wake. Clemson's loss to State a couple years ago when Clemson was 9-1 was probably a pretty big Clemson move as well.

Looking at Clemson's schedule, I think the one team that has a chance to beat them outside of the obvious Florida State and South Carolina games is Maryland. Clemson has a huge home game the week before against Florida State. In 2011, Maryland scored 45 on them and CJ Brown ran for almost 200 yards. The game is in College Park and Stefon Diggs could give them a lot of problems. If they're going to "Clemson" a game, I think it'll be that one.

Louisville is wrapping up their beatdown of Ohio.

Colorado is up 7-0 over CSU in the 1st.

There's only one game tomorrow: FSU-Pitt

I was at the Clemson - Georgia game, and I have to say the atmosphere in Death Valley was very impressive. Loud and Orange. The pregame atmosphere/scenery in the parking lots and around campus was pretty impressive as well. Getting out of Clemson at midnight after the game ended was brutal, however.

Back