• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chaos mafia MAFIA WINS 1-1

Fun game everyone. I would play again in the future depending on what is going on at work.

well damn. the mafia was never going to let me survive so I suppose I did the best I could. i really enjoyed that game, great setup toogs. and thank you for running it.

after knight was yelling for everyone to claim, I decided overnight that I needed to claim early or i'd be left without a chair to sit in. So I claimed cop early (before blue), and if blue had survived D2 as knight was suggesting I could have kept that going a little longer. I also thought claiming cop might throw mafia off since they hit my BPV.

I also haven't seen someone claim mafia before in an effort to manage the SK, so hope that wasn't outside the rules. I read them hard and decided it was fine. I was really hoping we'd end up giving up a mafia and that my called shots would end up somehow saving me, but alas....hard to win as the SK as it turns out.

I am just going to throw this one out there and vote for ***Diggler*** who is bad and either an SK or Mafia.

I self preserved last time because Creamy literally called me 1min before the vote deadline telling me I needed to vote or die. I asked Creamy who I should vote for and he just told me to vote for Blue. So I did with Zero thought.

Basically my late round panic vote was a pure cream play.

by the way, this is some bullshit. creamy, the dead stay fucking dead.

I also haven't seen someone claim mafia before in an effort to manage the SK, so hope that wasn't outside the rules. I read them hard and decided it was fine. I was really hoping we'd end up giving up a mafia and that my called shots would end up somehow saving me, but alas....hard to win as the SK as it turns out.

Not outside the rules at all. You did well. Interestingly the mafia didn't even consider that ryala had protected you (it was the night you killed him, so it COULD have been him protecting you on their hit). So you could perhaps have gotten away with them not knowing your BPV was gone but it ultimately didn't matter.

yeah so I didn't know that had happened. It's one thing to dm/im/contact people that the game has started but telling them who to vote for is certainly outside the rules.

well damn. the mafia was never going to let me survive so I suppose I did the best I could. i really enjoyed that game, great setup toogs. and thank you for running it.

after knight was yelling for everyone to claim, I decided overnight that I needed to claim early or i'd be left without a chair to sit in. So I claimed cop early (before blue), and if blue had survived D2 as knight was suggesting I could have kept that going a little longer. I also thought claiming cop might throw mafia off since they hit my BPV.

It was a good move on your part.

When Townie died, he should have taken the opportunity to openly communicate with the SK. Something like, "Hey, SK, we're going to thin the known civs, so try to avoid cross hits while we get numbers even. If you come at unknowns, we're going to smoke you, because we know who you are."

I had inside info from being in dead chat, but it seemed to me that diggles play only makes sense if he is the SK himself since -- as played out -- the mafia having the two-person team will win even if one of them goes down, so his logic didn't make sense for being mafia

yeah so I didn't know that had happened. It's one thing to dm/im/contact people that the game has started but telling them who to vote for is certainly outside the rules.

telling someone WHO to vote for once dead is definitely over the line. even calling someone to tell them not to miss their vote is communicating about the game outside the thread, so I think that's a violation. Creamy I love you and your enthusiasm, but please let the game play out without interfering.

Hmmmm. My bad. The conversation was more like yo bro you need to vote.... I snuck my reasoning for blue as creamy told me to, to somehow try to in anyway justify my self preservation. Is that cheating? He was already in the dead chat.

I had inside info from being in dead chat, but it seemed to me that diggles play only makes sense if he is the SK himself since -- as played out -- the mafia having the two-person team will win even if one of them goes down, so his logic didn't make sense for being mafia

right. I'm struggling to see a way for me to win in that endgame since mafia knew who i was. Still would have enjoyed us voting mako out before he took his shot just for fun.

it wasn't just that. 1) you showed up, keeping yourself alive with seconds to spare; 2) you killed blue, who was about to make it through the day and night, which immediately discredited me completely. I desperately needed him to stay alive to keep the cop uncertainty open. If you had done that all on your own, whatever, but i'm not cool with my whole game getting tanked because creamy helped you out from the dead.

If I've learned one thing it's that mafia isn't to be taken lightly around here.

My thought process was I was helping the game by getting a player to pay attention.

My bad, y'all.

If I've learned one thing it's that mafia isn't to be taken lightly around here.

My thought process was I was helping the game by getting a player to pay attention.

My bad, y'all.

now you know. I regularly tell people when the game has started if it appears they are unaware - I think that's fine.

My bad, y'all.

giphy.gif

now you know. I regularly tell people when the game has started if it appears they are unaware - I think that's fine.

Understood. Appreciate the second chance. I shall not contact anyone regarding AA again.

Diggler, I'm mainly sorry to you, bro. I never wanted to lose your trust.

Back