• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte Country Clubs

You can often find really low initiation fee "deals" at mid-tier type clubs the farther away you get from the centers/old money parts of cities. But then the $400-$550 a month dues definitely add up. Most of the families at Providence certainly get their money's worth in the late spring/summer/early fall, though. Kids at the pool almost every day, husbands playing golf at least 2-3 days a week, wives playing tennis all time time (and golf some too).

"husbands playing golf at least 2-3 days a week, wives playing tennis all time time"

lol, right out of the 1950s

"husbands playing golf at least 2-3 days a week, wives playing tennis all time time"

lol, right out of the 1950s

It's sexist/behind the times that women, generally, prefer tennis to golf? Interesting. What does that make football?

I didn't say sexist, you did

I just said it's a scene out of the 1950s

i think juice is just pointing out how heteronormative that image of the country club is - not that it's sexist

not sure falling back on the radically male-dominated sport of football is a great move for defending that though

Perhaps it was not meant to come across as negative. Seemed like it. Anyways, I'd like to play more tennis.

If Providence is a McConnell golf club, and if you would be able to travel to the other courses in that group at all, I would strongly consider that. McConnell has some really great tracks. The ones in our area (Raleigh CC, Treyburn, and Wakefield) are awesome - and he really puts $$$ into making his courses world class.

Golf isn't my thing so no recommendations but is there any way to check the financial health of a club before you join? Lots of courses in bankruptcy right now.

Which course lets you bring your own coolers on?

If Providence is a McConnell golf club, and if you would be able to travel to the other courses in that group at all, I would strongly consider that. McConnell has some really great tracks. The ones in our area (Raleigh CC, Treyburn, and Wakefield) are awesome - and he really puts $$$ into making his courses world class.

Some good ones in SC too.

Depending on how serious you are about your golf, Carolina Golf Club is probably where you'll find the best competition. I've always said I would join there if I lived in CLT, but that was before I saw Charlotte CC a couple years ago for the first time in almost 20 years. Obvious cost difference, but CCC is just a fantastic layout and a blast to play.

Biff - are you at Myers or Carmel?

Back