• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Week 1 predictions -

Philadelphia over Minnesota
Columbus over Vancouver
LAFC over Colorado
Dallas draw Toronto
Austin over Cincinnati
DC over Charlotte
Miami draw Chicago
San Jose draw NYRB
New England over Portland
Orlando draw Montreal
Atlanta over KC
NYCFC over LAG
Houston draw Salt Lake
Seattle over Nashville

First game of the year is in the books. Minnesota and Philly draw 1-1. Fair result although I do think Minnesota had the better chances in the game. Typical MLS officiating - i.e. baffling for both teams. Good road result for the Loons given they were missing both starting outside backs. Philly has a very athletic and fast team.

I mean we don’t look THAT terrible

Definitely not. My biggest concern is that we rarely have a triangle when we when the ball. A player square and in support. That’s a big concern because we give it away so quickly. But we are defending well and have a couple players who can take people on. (I know, DC is trash)

Charlotte looks ok. Like the players up the middle for the most part. Is the color guy Jamaican? He's awesome.

ETA - Your announcers will eventually get accustomed to spotty decisions by MLS refs. Definitely a weak spot in this league.

The 5-4-1 formation is helping really well in our own third but once we get past midfield… oof

Back