• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

I’m starting to think Tepper is a tool. Just about every decision for both Panthers and this soccer thing has sucked. And he cock-blocked Raleigh on MLS and basically destroyed our club.

I’m starting to think Tepper is a tool. Just about every decision for both Panthers and this soccer thing has sucked. And he cock-blocked Raleigh on MLS and basically destroyed our club.

He didn’t kill NCFC. Once Charlotte was granted a MLS team, marketing and spending stopped. The owner, Steve Malik only bought the team because of the risk/reward MLS play. The mens team has gone from spending money on players to playing kids from the academy for cheap. While at the same time NWSL no longer receives subsidies from US soccer for the womens salaries which has resulted in the NC Courage trading a majority of the stars. The Courage will be fine but the only way the mens team will make it if a downtown stadium is built.

I wish Tepper had just told Shaqiri “I know Chicago is better than Charlotte but I’ll double your salary”. I guess he could’ve been one of the guys that MLS dictates where he goes.

So I see Minnesota is bringing back Luis Amarilla from Velez. Guy was solid before getting injured two years ago and had a big season for LDO last year. Last year they had no reliable guy up top. This really shifts their roster and how they can set up and play. They've also signed Kervin Arriaga who plays for the Honduras NT to add depth to the midfield. Good moves to make a solid team that much better.

I don't get why Charlotte didn't move to renovate that old stadium just outside of downtown. Playing in that cavern of an NFL stadium will suck.

Atlanta United has had no problems filling their cavernous NFL stadium.

I suspect Charlotte is going to offer great support. It also isn't going to come close to filling a 70+K seat stadium game after game. And, yeah, I'm biased bc these smaller stadiums when full are just an incredible fan experience.

I don't know soccer much but went to an ATX game over the summer and Q2 was electric. A good location with something like 10 breweries within 2 miles and many of them had some sort of party going on beforehand. Big plus is that some of them also don't charge for parking on gamedays

It's also like 8 miles outside the city and a PITA to get to, but yeah, it's an awesome stadium.

I don't know soccer much but went to an ATX game over the summer and Q2 was electric. A good location with something like 10 breweries within 2 miles and many of them had some sort of party going on beforehand. Big plus is that some of them also don't charge for parking on gamedays

Next stadium I want to visit. Looks like a great atmosphere. I absolutely love Allianz here in St. Paul. Best ticket in town.

It's also like 8 miles outside the city and a PITA to get to, but yeah, it's an awesome stadium.

didn't think it was too tough to get there but we went roughly 4 hours beforehand to hang out at breweries so traffic was light. We did leave right after the game and we both said how shocked we were about how easy it was to get out of there.

So the Charlotte FC Coach literally said " right now, we are screwed" when asked what fans expectations should be for the season. Also said he had to play a different formation than he wanted to in the preseason match the other day because we have no wingers.

Had a full extra year and still in this mess, shameful.

Back