• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Gonna need to do Thirsty Thursdays or something like that to keep the fans in the stands.

There's a lot, but the biggest gripes I have are: PSLs, ticket prices, and overall costs; as well as the fact that I genuinely don't get the feeling that many of the people running the club have the slightest idea in what they're doing.

Pretty much how I feel about Tepper's involvement with the Panthers so I guess it makes sense.

The crowd looked amazing on tv. I have some friends, who went to the game, and talked about how great the atmosphere was.

MLS doing work in Champions League. NYCFC up 2, Seattle and NE up 3 after the first legs. Montreal playing Cruz Azul tonight.

Other "fun" facts:

0 goals
0 points

I’m beginning to think (and hear me out here) that Tepper isn’t actually as smart as he thinks he is. Short of drafting Chinn and hauling off Richardson’s statue has he done a single good thing since coming to town. The dude is a walking L factory.

CLT needs to bring on Sergio Ruiz, not sure why he isn’t playing. He was a legit high end CM in La Liga 2 at Las Palmas while on loan.

Bronico played at UNCC but he’s a USL player.

I like Swidirski, he’s quicker than I assumed. Very aggressive, and has a shot on him.

Reyna is lively but still has zero end product.

Jaylen Lindsay is a defensive RB, not a RWB. Need to eventually get to a back 4. He’s got a lot Reggie Cannon in him.

Charlotte looking much batter as a back 4, I’m slowly falling in love with this side. I really enjoy watching Swiderski.

Getting the DCU rejects (Mora, Reyna) off the field helps too.

Ben Bender great service there and nice finish by Burlington NC native Adam Armour for the first ever goal

Gotdamit. Just a crappy last hour of sports in general

Result aside I’m really getting into this team. Might need to get down to a match soon.

Now I remember why Bruce couldn't get the US qualified for a World Cup. First the Revs drop a 2 goal second half lead to lose 3-2 at home midweek. Now they ship 3 goals and lose on penalties at Pumas with some mind numbingly poor defensive tactics.

NYCFC’s banner is hilarious.

Back