• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chase Fischer

So Fields, who also can't shoot a lick, and Chennault are it at point for the forseeable future?

Damn

Going into this summer's season CMM's biggest question marks were about his ability to play PG. If his HS season stats are any indication he has addressed this and is putting his best foot forward to be the starting PG for WF next season. I wouldn't bet against him from what i've seen. His ability to shot the ball from the PG spot will really allow Bzz to maintain the great spacing WF has had this season.

The motion doesn't need a guy pounding the ball. It needs guys who are versatile... can pass, dribble and shoot. CMM fits that perfectly. I think of him as CJ with more upside.

Well that's just not accurate at all. If anything, that's exactly the opposite of what the criticism is. We'd probably have been more successful if that's what Teague had done.

I guess you're right, he was passive without the ball. But I seem to remember that when he had the ball, he thought the only thing to do was make a move and try to score, regardless of the fact that teams started to focus on him more.

ETA: sorry to derail, this is about Chase.

Lets not forget about Mike Drum. THAT was a painful year.

I actually like Fields better than TC at this point. Neither has any offense, but Fields is smarter and more active on Defense and doesn't get in anyone's way. I feel like Fields has the better handle as well. Tony is simply taking away more than he is adding at this point. Fields doesnt add a whole lot either, but he facilitates others better and takes away less imo.

Nikita is just a fucking disaster.

Fields
CJ
Chase
McKie
Desrosiers

is our best five right now imo. That was the 5 that got us back in the game at the end of the 1st half.

The sad thing is there are two guys seeing significant minutes I would trade for Drum right now. And I HATED Drum the player.

Fields
CJ
Chase
McKie
Desrosiers

is our best five right now imo. That was the 5 that got us back in the game at the end of the 1st half.

Agreed. That lineup is small and limited on defense against teams with bigger wings, but definitely the best offensive unit we can put out there.

I swear sometimes Nikita thinks he's an all star on the globetrotters or something. It's hilarious because he tries these fancy moves to horrific outcomes. The behind the back pass to two ASU players was a good example of this.

I was thinking more Washington Generals than Globetrotters, but your point stands.

The motion doesn't need a guy pounding the ball. It needs guys who are versatile... can pass, dribble and shoot. CMM fits that perfectly. I think of him as CJ with more upside.

Agree completely. Really looking forward to this recruiting class.

CJ has more than servicable ACC PG skills. If CMM has any handle at all and can score as advertised, he is still a big upgrade in the rotation over TC/Fields.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved Mike Drum, and would take 3 of him on this team right now!

CJ has more than servicable ACC PG skills. If CMM has any handle at all and can score as advertised, he is still a big upgrade in the rotation over TC/Fields.

CJ is better off the point, and so is Chase. TC and Fields will have to do on the point. All in all though, I think the motion Bz is running requires five good ball handlers rather than one great one, and based on what we have, that's a good decision on the coach's part.

Say what you will about Tony's lack of a jump shot and some decision making, but he leads the team in steals, is 2nd in assists and 3rd in points/ game. His ast: TO is 1.2 which could be a lot worse for the guy with the worst court vision on the team. His hitting about 46% of his FG and that includes the abysmal 3's. He's monumentally improved statistically compared to last year. He kept us in the Dayton game (before his bad decision with 30 secs to go.) He has a ways to go but there is a lot about his game to appreciate.
You guys would eat your young.

I just looked over the box score and noticed that before ESPN turned to our game, Tony chucked a three on our first possession of the game, 13 seconds in. smh.

Back