• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chase Fischer

I think the major reason that Chase isn't getting as many shots as we may like is two-fold, both of which will get better as Chase matures and the guys play together more.

1. Ball is moving more slowly around the perimeter than is desired in the motion offense we're running. This will improve the more comfortable we get with the system and as the guys get to play together more.

2. Chase doesn't appear to be great at setting up his own shot. He is probably capable of doing so, but we haven't really seen it yet. He is best coming off screens and being set so he can just catch and shoot.

it is amazing that someone who probably shot the ball 25-30 times a night in HS is so judicious with his shot selection. i figured he'd be chucking it up like casey crawford. i know every average athlete white dude gets labeled as being a smart player, but chase really is a smart, smart player.

it is amazing that someone who probably shot the ball 25-30 times a night in HS is so judicious with his shot selection. i figured he'd be chucking it up like casey crawford. i know every average athlete white dude gets labeled as being a smart player, but chase really is a smart, smart player.

Truth.

Plus, in an earlier game Chase had a lane to the bucket but reversed it and avoided a block. Chennault still can't figure that out. His passes are crisp and he protects the ball. Throw in his shot selection and he's just not very freshman-like at all so far.

Does anyone else think it's a distinct possibility that we will be starting both Chase and CJ soon? (maybe even with a 2 guard line-up).

Truth.

Plus, in an earlier game Chase had a lane to the bucket but reversed it and avoided a block. Chennault still can't figure that out. His passes are crisp and he protects the ball. Throw in his shot selection and he's just not very freshman-like at all so far.

Yeah Chase had two reverses against, I believe, Central that were solid decisions for any player, much less a freshman.

I'll gladly eat crow on my cynicism about Chase. He's a baller

Does anyone else think it's a distinct possibility that we will be starting both Chase and CJ soon? (maybe even with a 2 guard line-up).

I still think the best lineup (if Tony doesn't try to play out of himself):

1. Tony
2. CJ
3. Chase
4. Travis
5. Carson

I like isolating Travis in the post in that lineup - those plays result in him getting fouled or getting a bucket

Against better teams we are going to need to get some mid-range game going. Right now CJ is our only mid-range player. Would like to see Travis and Chase get more involved in that.

Against better teams we are going to need to get some mid-range game going. Right now CJ is our only mid-range player. Would like to see Travis and Chase get more involved in that.

I'd like to see TC taking mid-rangers instead of 3's as well.

He defnitely needs to look to pass more when he drives to the hole. His instincts are still to try to finish, but that is killing us. He can try to finish on the break or off steals, but in the half-court offense he absolutely must look to pass first down there. We left at least 6 points off the board last night because of it. He did have a nice dish to Travis late in the game after getting the kick from Chase. Need to see more of that.

fish01.jpg

Nope. Teague sulking around like a sad 1st-grader whenever he didn't have the ball in his hands ruined the chemistry of our last good team.

Marginally better in 2009-2010, but I'd expect a bit more out of a point guard than this line:

13.2 ppg on 13.5 shots, 44.9% 2FG, 22.2% 3FG, and 49.4% FT with a 1.95 A/TO...

I love Ish as much as anybody, but to say that he was anything more than average is kind of a stretch. Especially given how athletic he was...

And for a post-script: Ish missed most of his time during the western roadtrip (I believe it was the 76 classic) where Jeff Teague turned into a monster at the PG position (http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/wake-forest/jeff-teague/game_stats). Then, Ish came back and worked his way back into the rotation by the ACC schedule, where we proceeded to go a respectable 11-5 before the most devastating NCAA loss I've ever experienced (and yes, I do know that CSU had Norris Cole..doesn't matter). Not sure how much he disrupted chemistry, but it was a different team with Ish running the PG vs. Jeff. Leaving it there.

Marginally better in 2009-2010, but I'd expect a bit more out of a point guard than this line:

13.2 ppg on 13.5 shots, 44.9% 2FG, 22.2% 3FG, and 49.4% FT with a 1.95 A/TO...

I love Ish as much as anybody, but to say that he was anything more than average is kind of a stretch. Especially given how athletic he was...

And for a post-script: Ish missed most of his time during the western roadtrip (I believe it was the 76 classic) where Jeff Teague turned into a monster at the PG position (http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/wake-forest/jeff-teague/game_stats). Then, Ish came back and worked his way back into the rotation by the ACC schedule, where we proceeded to go a respectable 11-5 before the most devastating NCAA loss I've ever experienced (and yes, I do know that CSU had Norris Cole..doesn't matter). Not sure how much he disrupted chemistry, but it was a different team with Ish running the PG vs. Jeff. Leaving it there.

Pretty sure Ish never got the starting job back that year.

Blame Dino.

Chase is awesome. He's also extremely vocal on the court. I agree that the Harris-Fischer backcourt is the best we've got.

Back